Hysteria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garden Bench

2 posters

Go down

Garden Bench Empty Garden Bench

Post  Kaiya Silvertounge Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:06 am

Location: A bench that... wasn't there before? hehe in the Gardens
Date, Time: September 14th, 3:00pm

Kaiya was looking for a quiet and inspiring place to draw, when she stumbled upon the gardens. She began strolling through the garden looking at all the wonderful and exotic plants.
"I wonder how all these got here" Kaiya chuckled thinking about how she was in a magical school. She finally came across one especially enchanting one, and she transfigured an ugly flower into a bench and began drawing. When she finally had a rough outline she "accio-ed" her colored pencils out of her dorm so they landed softly on her lap. Kaiya carefully opened the container looking for the exact color to match the flower.
"Ah ha! there it is!" Kaiya exclaimed, as she began colouring furiously but yet with extreme precision. When she had finished it seemed more beautiful than the original flower. With one wave of her wand Kaiya make the flower in the drawing look like it was moving in the wind. Kaiya usually kept her drawings to herself, the only person who had seen all of them was her brother keyon, but he was unfortunatly not of the magic type, but was very sucessful on his own in well the muggle world. Kaiya often wondered about what would have happened if he had been a wizard, if she wouldn't be alone in a garden right now. Kaiya closed her sketchbook securing it with a ribbon, and placing all her pencils on top, and just gazed off into the gardens.

Last edited by on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Kaiya Silvertounge
Kaiya Silvertounge

Female
Number of posts : 32
Year : 7th
House : Willowbramble
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Garden Bench Empty Re: Garden Bench

Post  Henry Larsen Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:27 am

Henry walked slowly into the garden, iPod buds in his ears. The music that was pounding into his head drowned out all thoughts except for the lyrics themselves. He was so immersed in his music that he didn't hear the soft bustling of Kaiya sketching, coloring, and animating her drawing, and finally wrapping it neatly up. So that was how, for the second time the entire school year, he had been off in his own little world and then found himself face to face with a girl he did not recognize. What an unusual habit to get intoThis girl was wearing Willowbramble robes, and seemed tall, so maybe she was in his year, as the other girl hadn't been. But then again, he had almost pegged her for older than him, due to a strange 'wise beyond her years' look in her eyes. Soon however, he began to fret about what to do now that he had run into another girl Crap, what should I do? Would it be too rude to keep walking, or should I say something? What if she doesn't want to talk? This was why he usually only photographed nature, it didn't talk, and didn't stare back when he stared at it. He could do whatever he want and not deal with another personality. It was a nice arrangement.

He looked back at the girl, and saw that she had art supplies in her lap. She draws? His interest peaked, and slowly, he removed one of his ear buds. "Hello, sorry to interrupt you but...what were you drawing?"
Henry Larsen
Henry Larsen

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiya Silvertounge Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:37 am

Kaiya who had just been gazing out looking at how beautiful nature is in all of its harmony together. Perhaps she had just been on the verge of discovering the meaning of life, when a soft spoken voice came out of the direction of the right. Kaiya suddenly snapped back into reality and looked up at the boy, and took a few seconds to process what he had just said.
"Oh, umm" Kaiya said almost instinctivly taking her sketchbook into her lap as if to protect it, "well i was just drawing that flower... umm the one right over there, that's dark plum and gold." Feeling this person had a sence for art, well the camera was kind of a give away, and quickly flipped through her notebook and opened to the page for him to see.
"I know this might sound kind of weird, but can I ask your name?" Kaiya almost whispered, "It's such a big school, I wish I could get to know more people than just those of my house and quidditch team." Kaiya said looking up at him, then back down to her drawing.
Kaiya Silvertounge
Kaiya Silvertounge

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Larsen Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:49 am

He felt a little guilty for interrupting her, but forgot that as soon as she showed him her drawing. He leaned closer to get a better look, and was surprised at her talent. I wonder if she takes the Art classes...she's never been in one of mine. He resumed looking at the picture once more. It was practically as good as a picture that he could have taken, and since he was generally highly praised for his photographs, this was a compliment indeed. Even though he didn't really care about the quality of his pictures, he just liked taking them. His hand went to the camera, and he was tempted to shoot a photo of the flower, but decided against it, letting his hand fall back to his side. She had already drawn it, and photographing it felt like he was...plagiarizing her work in some weird way. Artists' logic, dont' try and understand it, you won't, trust me.

Henry was grateful that she had been the one to ask what his name was, although he was somewhat surprised that she didn't know it. He wasn't the proud sort, but due to Quidditch everyone usually had some inkling of who he was. Maybe it was just due to the lack of Quidditch robes, or maybe, like him, this girl really didn't care to stare after the oppositie sex. "I'm Henry Larsen." he added the next part a little sheepishly, "And I'm afraid I don't know your name either. Suppose I'm in my own little world as well."
Henry Larsen
Henry Larsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiya Silvertounge Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:54 am

Kaiya laughed, and it felt like she hadn't in a very long time. She smiled a little and said "My name is Kaiya, and I see that you have your camera, can i see a few pictures?" She took a small pause and looked down at her notebook carelessly sifting through a few pages, "I really love art in every form really." Kaiya opened up to a picture of her father smiling back at her and promptly shut her notebook. She looked around a bit uncomfortably and began playing with the ends of her hair.
Her mind drifted to her boyfriend from the previous year, they had ended things because Elijah, yeah that was his name.... Elijah was an eighth year, and told her that they would stay friends, and after she graduated they would meet up again to see if things worked out. Kaiya didn't want to wait forever for him, but just wanted him with her. She had not recieved one letter, phone call, or e-mail from Elijah after they broke up. It was over, she knew it, but somehow couldn't get over it. She thought about the her most recent drawings, most of them being rather depressing of dark gloomy shades of grey. This flower had been the first colorful thing Kaiya had drawn in a while, maybe it was a sign for change.
Kaiya Silvertounge
Kaiya Silvertounge

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Larsen Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:02 am

His hand went protectively to his camera, he usually didn't show people his pictures before they were develop....but then, Kaiya, as she had said her name was, had also shown him her drawing. So he supposed it was only fair, he lifted the strap over his neck, and turned the camera on, and set the mode to 'review'. The most recent pictures he had taken were of a stream that was heavily wooded on all sides, which would normally block out most sunlight, but strangely didn't. Instead, the pictures were bright with light and the stream water was a dark blue-ish black that didn't seem endless, but cheerful. He had taken them on a trip out west when he had gone with Phoebe to visit some of her relatives. He had been dying to get out of the house, and on one of his daily excursions had found the stream. He had spent a great deal of time there, and pictures in his camera was proof of that. "I do too, but I find myself more drawn to photography, as you probably can tell."

He patiently waited for her to return his camera, even though since she had said that she loved all art, and was probably experienced with photography, not having his camera with him left him slightly at unease.
Henry Larsen
Henry Larsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiya Silvertounge Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:35 am

Kaiya smiled as she flipped through a few of the pictures. "These are really really nice. If i saw some of these scenes i dont think i would have even thought to take a picture" Kaiya smiled as she handed Henry back his camera. "You're lucky to have such a nice camera" She looked down at her giant set of colored pencils which she got when she was in about eleven years old. Most of her favorite colors had been used down to the very end. Before she knew it she began sketching the gardens in vibrant colors.
Kaiya Silvertounge
Kaiya Silvertounge

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down