Hysteria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emersed In the Stacks of Books

2 posters

Go down

Emersed In the Stacks of Books Empty Emersed In the Stacks of Books

Post  Kaiya Silvertounge Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:19 am

Date: September 16th, 7pm

Kaiya sat at a table completely surrounded by books, but in front of her was a journal. Kaiya quietly scratched in her thoughts as she couldn't concentrate on her homework. She knew that she wanted company, but company is hard to come by. She didn't try to be so secluded, but so much had gone on in her life in the past few years it was hard not to stay in a shell, it's not like anyone had tried to break her out. she only felt really alive while flying on her broom, but flying also brought many memories which she tried to keep to a minimun at times. Kaiya used to be so much more upbeat and chipper, her sketchbooks were now covered in gloomy drawings when they used to be full of brilliant colors. "Change is hard" Kaiya sighed as she wrote those last few words. Kaiya closed her journal, tied it with a ribbon, and placed it into her knapsack while pulling her Arithmacy book toward her...
Kaiya Silvertounge
Kaiya Silvertounge

Female
Number of posts : 32
Year : 7th
House : Willowbramble
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Emersed In the Stacks of Books Empty Re: Emersed In the Stacks of Books

Post  Daniel Scott Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:36 am

Daniel wandered into the Library, passing a group of students on his way in. He wasn't really sure why he was in the Library other than his feet had led him there without his consent. Muttering a hello to the Librarian he made his way to the back. Where, if any, no cute girls could notice him and poke fun that he was in there.

Smiling he ran his fingers through his hair more out of habit than anything else. He wanted to find something to read but didn't know what and he wasn't about to ask the Librarian what books she/he(since there isn't one yet) liked as this would surly erupt a long list and a one sided debate. So instead he found comfort in wandering along the shelves, it wasn't that he liked to read, but the books were like leather friends where all he had to do was listen to the stories they could tell him. Making his way to the back of the brightly lit room, he ran his fingers along the shelf.

Once he turned the corner he saw a shadowy figure inmersed in a towering pile of books, the frame seemed Female and as Daniel drew nearer he noticed that it was Kaiya the seventh year that he had met on the quidditch pitch a few hours eariler. His smile seeped into its 'girl savy' smile and he walked over to her.

Pulling out a chair next to her he sat down and looked over her shoulder to see what she was doing, but couldn't get a clear view. So he whispered softly, "What are you doing?"
Daniel Scott
Daniel Scott

Female
Number of posts : 15
Location : "I was heading down to Spring Street with a suitcase in my hand Filled with love and life and grand
Year : sixth
House : Wyrfeather
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiya Silvertounge Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:55 am

Kaiya was startled at the sudden whisper in her ear. She let out a little squeak, and looked back a little nervously.
"Oh hi Daniel, umm i was just doing some arithmacy." Kaiya said and sighed with a bit of relief now that she knew who it was.
"You can sit down if you want." Kaiya said pushing some of her books to the side and putting some on the floor. Kaiya kept reminding herself that she was going to be social and not just hid in a corner for the rest of the year. She needed to start opening up, and now seemed like a good time.
"So what are you doing in the library?" Kaiya questioned she wasnt exactly expecting to find anyone in the library asuming most people would still be eating or something.
Kaiya Silvertounge
Kaiya Silvertounge

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Scott Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:37 pm

Daniel shrugged and ran his fingers through his hair ruffling up the already untidy mess. "Arithmacy eh? I'm not much into math much myself. The library, I'm here to Check out some stuff." He looked her up and down in a joking maner.

"Nah, I'm just kidding. I really don't know why I'm here, just I guess a change of scene." He said and took the seat she made room for. Noticing all the books around them and wondered slightly what kind of Professor would assign anyone as pretty as Kaiya that much homework. He grinned and rested an arm on the table so he could look at what she was doing.

"So if you're doing Arthmacy why do you need all these books?" he asked opening a close one entitled The Dark and Forgotten It was from the poetry section he knew, because he spotted Dani Sunset carrying it around last year and she only read stuff from the poetry section. He picked it up not much of a poetry man himself and skimmed the back.
Daniel Scott
Daniel Scott

Female
Location : "I was heading down to Spring Street with a suitcase in my hand Filled with love and life and grand

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiya Silvertounge Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:39 am

Kaiya looked up at his comment of why she had so many books and laughed a little. "Well I have much more work than just arithmacy as you can see here those like five books are for transfiguration, and potions, and defence against the dark arts etc. It's only the beginning of the year and I already have so much!" Kaiya sighed resigned as she looked back down at her hundred arithmacy problems left. She had only managed to accomplish twenty so far.

Kaiya then noticed that Daniel had taken the Dark and Forgotten book "Are you interested in poetry" Kaiya asked she had just picked it up the other day hoping that she would have some time to read the poems and draw images to each one. But to no avail... she had to much work to do.
Kaiya Silvertounge
Kaiya Silvertounge

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Scott Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:34 am

Dan nodded, "These teachers! Psht! All they want us to do is work work work, no time for play, goodness me." He opened the black book to the inside cover and noticed tear stains, he wondered who they belonged to. Images of Kaiya sitting alone in her room crying flashed through his mind.

"Yeah you could say that," He said caressing the first page which possessed the poem entitled, 'For love I died'. "I know a couple people who are really into it, but I've never had the nack for it. What about you? Wait, stupid question, of course you are I mean you have the book don't you?" He gave a short bark-like laugh. "So what other stuff are you into?"
Daniel Scott
Daniel Scott

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum