Hysteria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advanced Boggarts

+2
Melinda B. Hayes
Deputy Headmistress
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Advanced Boggarts - Page 2 Empty Re: Advanced Boggarts

Post  Kaiden Preston Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:48 am

As he stood in the hallway, Kaiden Preston watched as Professor McLaughlin ran out of the room, and mutter something about her 'damn kids.' He chuckled. He oddly had met her kids before. They seemed really sweet. Also, a lot like their mother. He shook his head, and debated if he should go into class or not. He had been standing there for a while, pondering if he wanted to learn today or not. Skipping class on the first day of classes was totally something that he did every year, but he really liked Professor McLaughlin. She was at least somewhat nice to him. She always have him an extra chance. When he acted out the first time, she just gave him a look. When he misbehaved for a second time, she asked him to 'please stop.' On his third time with being rude, she took away house points. Finally, if she couldn't deal with him anymore, she sent him to go see the Headmistress. He was very use to seeing Charlotte.

After pondering for another second, he walked into the room. He walked in, acting like he was on time and nothing was different. He sat down next to Soren, and gave him an upwards nod. He then turned around, and looked at Melinda and Hayden. Kaiden gave them both a smirk. "Hello ladies." He said smoothly, and gave them a wink. "Why, you both look so pretty today. It'll be hard for me to keep my eyes off you." After giving them another wink, he turned back around to read the board. "Boggarts, eh?" He rolled his eyes and turned back around. "Sounds like fun, duh ladies?"

Looking back at Soren, he gave him an odd look. "Nice make up, dude. Looks like you and Hayden here have something incommon. Meaning that...eye-junk stuff." She smiled an evil looking smirk.
Kaiden Preston
Kaiden Preston

Female
Number of posts : 13
Year : 6th
House : Brightstar
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:30 am

"She probably won't believe you, Professor." Melinda quipped when Jayne had said how she would be telling her mother how well Melinda was doing in DADA. She watched as Jayne wrote in her big swirly writing the charm she had just named.

Expecting to be called first, she started getting out of her seat to demonstrate the charm. Before the professor had even shouted, the mere shade her face turned caused Melinda to promptly fall back into her seat. Well, I guess we know why she was late before.. she thought to herself. Jayne walked out, and she repeated her words to Hayden. "That answers the question of why she was late before. She said 'again'. Which probably means that this isn't the first time her kids have shown up in her office....something tells me Jimmy's in trouble." she chuckled slightly. She loved her 'uncle' dearly but...he was sometimes a bit clueless when it came to trying to keep his little girls in once place-that one place being their home on Family Way.

The sound of someone entering the room caused Melinda to look up-could Jayne have honestly fixed things up that fast? Or had she forgotten something? Both of these assumptions were proved wrong when she saw Kaiden Preston walk in. Melinda didn't like him too much-he was the school's "bad boy" so her mother-who knew him quite well-told her plenty of stories of him doing this and that, and it just seemed like a cry of attention. She smiled a little when he winked at her, but it wasn't as big of a smile as the one she usually wore. "Well, if you can take your eyes away from us long enough, you'll notice the teacher's gone...so we might not be having 'fun' with boggarts."

It was when he started making fun of Soren that she got angry. Melinda really didn't like it when people made fun of her friends. "Leave him alone, Kaiden." she said, her eyes narrowing.
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayden Rose Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:49 am

Hayden chuckled at her aunt storming out of the room. "That answers the question of why she was late before. She said 'again'. Which probably means that this isn't the first time her kids have shown up in her office....something tells me Jimmy's in trouble." Hayden knew that Melinda must be right. "Yeah, poor Uncle Jimmy...he tries so hard most of the time. Too bad that he just can't seem to kee-.." But her words got cut off by Kaiden Preston walking into the room. She gave him a weak smile. Her aunt had told her many stories about him. Not only about him, but his home life as well. It was pretty sad when she thought about it. When hearing about Kaiden, it made her thankful for her family and home.

She watched him sit down next to Soren. "Hello ladies. Why, you both look so pretty today. It'll be hard for me to keep my eyes off you." This last statement made Hayden giggle. She couldn't help it. He was trying so hard to impress them, that he made himself look like an idiot. She noticed that he started talking about Boggarts."Well, if you can take your eyes away from us long enough, you'll notice the teacher's gone...so we might not be having 'fun' with boggarts." Hayden's deep blue got huge. She could not believe Melinda just said that. She blinked at her best friend.

"Melinda..." She said really softly, "Relax..." Hayden didn't want to make his schoo life like his home life. She did not hear Kaiden make fun of Soren, so she didn't understand why Melinda had just told him to leave Soren alone. "He didn't do anything, Mellie..." She said in her same soft voice. She was clueless...as always.
Hayden Rose
Hayden Rose

Female
Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiden Preston Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:34 am

Kaiden heard what Melinda had said, but totally ignored her. He was a tiny bit hurt at what she had said, but didn't let that show at all. He didn't honestly give a damn what the goody-goody little to shoes had to say. So what if she was Charlotte's daughter. That didn't matter at all to him. He laughed out loud, but only just loud enough to hear if you listened very closely. He liked Melinda, and also disliked her. Yes, he thought that she was very beautiful, smart, witty, and sweet...but she also had this thing about her that almost made her hard to talk to. She was rarely seen without Hayden, who seemed to be a bit ditzy and stupid at times.

He heard Hayden stick up for a him a bit. "Yeah Melinda, listen to your sidekick, there. She seems to know what the hell she's talking about...for once." She sneared this last part, and looked back to the black board. He got out his wand, and flicked it at the board. Now Jayne's lesson plan read, "My kids are losers." "I hate students!" "Worst mother ever." "Down with the Headmistress and "All kids should die." This was all in Jayne's handwritting. He nodded at his work, then added his famous sticking charm. This was something a dark wizard had showed him-thinking he was on the "bad" side.

He looked back over at Melinda and Hayden. "Think your Auntie dearest will like that? I personally think I could have done better..but oh well. What's done is done..." Right after he saw what he did, he felt terrible. He did not know why he always seemed to act out, it just sort of happened. He shifted in his seat, and acted like this didn't bother him.
Kaiden Preston
Kaiden Preston

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:14 am

She caught Hayden's weak smile and immediately mistook it for an 'oh no here comes to guy I like' smile. She restrained herself from rolling her eyes, or gagging, in disbelief. Kaiden was such a 'wannabe' badboy...it almost made her ill. Her mother hadn't told her about his home life, so she supposed he was some silly rich kid trying to be 'bad' to get the attention his parents didn't give him.

After her remark, Hayden seemed shocked and surprised at her. Maybe the early morning had just made Melinda in a bad mood, and Kaiden's late entrance and remarks hadn't helped much at all. Either way, she wasn't in the mood to deal with him. It was her turn to have wide eyes when Hayden whispered to her that he hadn't done anything. She furiously whispered, "He just made fun of Soren, Haydee...so I think I was all right in telling him to leave him alone." She thought she heard Kaiden laughing, and wondered what he seemed to think was so funny. She opened her mouth to give him an angry retort, when he insulted Hayden. Which was not a good idea.

"She is not my sidekick. She's my friend, for your information, I guess you don't have enough friends to know the dif--"she stopped, struck dumb by what he had written on the board. She looked from him, to the board, and back to him. "You...you..." she was so surprised she could barely finish her sentence. She attempted erasing the words, but they were stuck on the board. "Get rid of that, right now! You know it's not true. Ja-Professor McLaughlin is probably the nicest teacher here, and she doesn't deserve that from you."
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Ridgewood Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:21 am

Once their Professor had left their limited class behind, Seth could not help feeling the slightest bit relieved. The closet in the corner that obviously contained the Boggart had been rattling a few times already, and it was a good feeling to know that they would not have to face it for at least a little while yet. Boggarts were usually the least favorite unit of most students, and he was no exception - Who could enjoy seeing their worst nightmares in the sanctuary that is supposed to be their classroom?

As soon as Professor McLaughlin had gone out the door, a student replaced the fewer number of people she had created. Seth couldn't help letting out the slightest groan at the sight of who it was. Kaiden Preston. If there was one thing the reclusive Blastfur could not stand, it was people like Kaiden Preston. While he was usually so impeccably good at controlling his temper when things that made him want to tear his hair out were around, it was another story with his fellow classmate. Always the egotistical attention-seeker, Seth knew that the arrogant blond would cause any sort of stir-up, no matter how foolish or stupid, just to get a lady's eyes - Which he usually didn't have much trouble with, thanks a good height, and the general consensus that he was attractive.

Subconsciously narrowing his eyes, Seth watched Kaiden sit down beside Soren from his exclusive spot in the back of the room. The blond boy's constant waterfall of useless verbal-vomit continued to tumble from his lips. A heavy scowl met with his furrowed brows upon hearing a particular comment, "Nice make up, dude. Looks like you and Hayden here have something in common. Meaning that...eye-junk stuff." he said, a nasty looking smirk pasted onto his face in Soren's direction.

The Blastfur remained silent in the back, still glaring at the new-arrival. While he usually found it so easy to keep to himself and ignore what others were doing, the smugness of Kaiden's comment - and the hurt look it caused on Soren's face - were for some reason urging him to do otherwise. Watching Hayden be so flirty and even stick up for the arrogant blond made him all the more angry.

Seth himself did not think he would be pushed to the point of saying anything - much less on the first day - finally had had it as Kaiden decided to try to be smart on the board, as well as having insulted both the girls in the classroom: Hayden for saying she never knew what was going on, and for essentially calling Melissa not-so-intelligent. Once the last word was on the board and the Brightstar was sitting back in his seat, Seth strode up beside him and glared down at him, folding his arms against himself. While usually shorter than Kaiden by a good half of a foot, it felt good to be looking down on him.

"You really think you're that clever, don't you? Think your little pre-pubescent antics make everyone love you?" he spoke quietly, voice lined with ice, "Just don't let me catch you flinging around such condescending things to our classmates." Seth stole a glance at Soren a moment, just long enough to catch the expression on his face before looking back to his confrontee. "Just because you're trying to find some friends doesn't mean you have to be a show-offy ass."
Seth Ridgewood
Seth Ridgewood

Female
Number of posts : 27
Year : Sixth
House : Blastfur
Registration date : 2007-11-14

http://iveroth.eamped.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soren Daein Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:15 pm

After being refused to be excused from this class, he unintentionally,
dejectedly walked back to his seat, instead of sitting in the front he
sat infront of Melinda and Hayden again. He -almost- dazed off and
stared drawing, but decided to pay attention. He wasn't mad at
the Professor or anything, he would never be mad at a teacher unless
they gave him a very good reason to be. He smiled at her, as if
to say, 'I forgive you', but he didn't say anything.

The Professor then started getting onto the class, which relieved him.
Talking could only be interesting for so long. Besides, he -liked-
learning, even if it was about Boggarts. The teacher asked the class
of four, if any of them remember the charm to repell a Boggart. He
furrowed his eyebrows in thought a moment, then his hand flung up into
the air. Too late! Melinda had thought of it before him. He lowered
his hand as she explained, and McLaughlin praised her for it. He
turned back to Melinda and gave her a big smile. She was so smart, he
was almost...jealous. He turned back to face the front of the class,
Professor McLaughlin. Their class was yet again interrupted, a small,
very scared looking Second Year waddled up to the Professor and told
her that their were children in her office. Soren nearly laughed, but
contained it. The Professor seemed to get fairly worked up, as she
swiftly made her way out of the classroom, thanking the second year
and out the door she went, closing it behind her.

The door opened again. The Professor couldn't have been back. No,
no...it was that delinquent, Kaiden. He didn't even want to talk to
him, he was such a flirt to the girls, and him and Soren had never
really gotten along. He looked away from the boy and turned back to
his seat, doodling away with a small, contented smile. He brushed his
fingers through his hair, and tried not to notice Kaiden sit beside
him. His smile vanished and he stiffened considerably.

Kaiden had insulted him. Insulted...him? For wearing make-up? He hadn't gotten comments about that in over a year...However, Soren was not in the greatest mood today, instead of coming up with something witty to say in retort, he simply curled into an even stiffer and more secluded position, taking as little space on the desk as possible. He did look back at Melinda and gave her the smallest smile of thanks, but he didn't speak, and he didn't talk back to Kaiden. Soren was...bipolar, minutes ago, he was very bubbly and happy; but now, he was anti-social and self-pitying. He continued to draw, until he heard the swish of a wand(A sound he had grown accustomed to hear).

He looked up at the black board, and what it read now. He simply shook his head and muttered, "Idiocy..." under his breath. Was he -trying- to make a fool of himself? Was he -trying- to be stupid? He didn't get involved. He did pay attention to what was going on. Seth had come up to them, the anti-social gloomy cloud had actually gotten involved in something as childish as this? He was surprised. Seth had glanced at him while he was saying something about not insulting the class. He caught his eye and held it for a moment, he glanced away, at Kaiden and then looked back at his paper. He wouldn't get involved.
Soren Daein
Soren Daein

Female
Number of posts : 52
House : Wryfeather

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiden Preston Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:33 am

Kaiden oddly felt very proud of himself. He had made himself seem like his typical "bad boy" self, and then some. He sighed deeply when he heard Miss Melinda Hayes babbling on about something again. "She is not my sidekick. She's my friend, for your information, I guess you don't have enough friends to know the dif--You...you...Get rid of that, right now! You know it's not true. Ja-Professor McLaughlin is probably the nicest teacher here, and she doesn't deserve that from you." He barely even heard what she was saying. He did however hear the part about Professor McLaughlin being the nicest teacher. This part may have been true, but oh well. He need to remind her that he wasn't a good student, and should never be thought of as one.

"She seems like your sidekick..." He said, without a care in the world. "You're the smart, witty one...which means she's the...what? One that provides the makeup? Oh, how thoughtful." He turned around to look at Hayden. "That just shows that she's only friends with you because your family is 'tight'." He snickered, and looked past them into the back of the room. It was then that he saw Seth. Kaiden rolled his hazel eyes and looked at Soren. He seemed to be looking rather...ill. This made him laugh, and he soon saw Seth walking towards him. This did not bother him in the least. Infact, it made him rather excited. These boys were not that tall, and he could take them with just one punch.

As Seth reached his desk, Kaiden heard him say, "You really think you're that clever, don't you? Think your little pre-pubescent antics make everyone love you? Just don't let me catch you flinging around such condescending things to our classmates. Just because you're trying to find some friends doesn't mean you have to be a show-offy ass." Kaiden had enough of that. With one fist in the air, he punched Seth right in the nose, and then again on his cheek. "No one talks to me like that, get it?" He sneared, and looked really shocked at what he did at first. Did he really just punch a kid smaller than him? For less than a second his pale face turned white, but then went back to normal. His right hand was still tight in a fist.
Kaiden Preston
Kaiden Preston

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Deputy Headmistress Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:00 am

Professor Jayne McLaughlin now had a huge headache. She could not beliebe how clueless her husband could be sometimes. She also could not believe that both girls were covered in cake mix.She soon found out that it was because they were baking cupcakes. Robyn had handed her four. She told her mom, "One for you, one for Haydee, one for Mellie, and one for Auntie Charlotte!" She giggled lightly at the memory, and walked by some students hanging outside. She stopped, and looked at them. They then ran to the hallway. She then heard them running down the stairs. She thought for a second, and decided not to go see if they were now in some sort of a class. She was glad that she could finally go back to teaching. She continued to walk down the hall towards her classroom. It was then that she saw that her door was no longer closed. This confused her a little. She did remember basically slamming it on her class. She still felt bad for that.

She figured that it just meant maybe another student had decided to finally join them. She rolled her eyes a little. She just hoped that they would at least talked to the other students on what they had missed. Of course, she didn't really get the chance to teach them anything. This made her sigh loudly. She couldn't believe that her husband could really be so stupid. She still continued to smile.

When Jayne walked into her classroom, her mouth almost fell to the floor, and the pretty pink cupcakes her daughter made had fallen to the floor. She saw that Kaiden Preston was now in the room...and saw his right hand in a fist. She saw that everyone looked mad, and saw Seth out of his seat and looked a little hurt. She looked over at the board, and tears almost filled her eyes. She held them in, and marched over to the desk. She flicked her wand at the board, but it did nothing. She tried again, but still the words stuck. "Damn..." she muttered, and looked over at her class again. Her whole body had turned red with anger. Even her eyes gleamed red. She wasn't sure if this was her holding in tears, or just pure anger.

"What.....the......hell....happened?" She asked, her voice shaking with anger. "If someone does not answer me in three second, not only will you all have dentention, but all of your housepoints will be lost, you will lose your perfectness, and will be kicked off the quidditch team." This was a side of Jayne that she knew no one had seen before. She wasn't even sure it was her saying this stuff. She was know to be the sweetest teacher in the school. What was becoming of her? She glared over at Kaiden. "Why do I have a feeling that this all started when you entered my classroom, Mr. Preston?" She hated herself for just assuming that Kaiden did it...but everything was fine before he came. "Will someone please answer me?" She looked over at the dropped cupcakes again. This made her even more upset than she was already.
Deputy Headmistress
Deputy Headmistress
Deputy Headmistress

Female
Number of posts : 40
Year : None, Deputy Headmistress
House : None, Deputy Headmistress
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:21 am

Melinda was doing as best as she could to restrain herself from just hitting Kaiden. She kept herself as far back in her seat as she could to keep herself from jumping out of it and doing something rash. She clenched her fists tightly, and focused on relaxing the scowl that was now etched into her face. She glanced at Hayden again, wondering what was going through her head; Melinda could hardly think straight, she was getting so mad. Melinda's slight scowl soon turned to a look of shock-Seth had come up to the front of the room. What has he got to do with any of this? she wondered. Her silent question was soon answered when Seth told Kaiden to, essentially, back the heck away from all of the other students in the class. She felt a new surge of liking for this quiet, and sometimes cold, Blastfur boy.

She glanced at Soren, who had returned to sitting near them, and gave him a smile back for the one of 'thanks' that he had given her. Now that Kaiden wasn't directly speaking to her, and she was focusing on getting the situation out of her mind, she was beginning to calm down a great deal. She peeked from Seth to Soren, wondering how they were connected. They weren't in the same houses, but they appeared to have similar personalities-but Soren did seem slightly nicer. However, Seth was all right with her for getting in Kaiden's face. She ran a hand through her hair, and bit her lip. Her anxiety was starting to build up again as she saw the words written on the board.

Melinda faced Kaiden once more, determined to make him remove the words. But, once again, he did something that stopped the words from flying from her lips. "Look, Kaiden, friends are your equals. And that's what Hayden is. My equal. You may call me smart, witty, whatever...but don't you dare underestimate her, and think you know anything about our families...because you don't." All of her slight annoyance at Hayden for standing up with Kaiden vanished as soon as he started picking on her again. She started to continue, but Kaiden then hit Seth. Her mouth dropped. Did his idiocy know no bounds today? "What the hell are you thinking!?" she said furiously.

And then the door open.And Jayne walked in, carrying some cupcakes. Slowly, Melinda raised her head, eyes wide. Things didn't look good. She was furious, Seth had been punched, Soren wasn't looking too good, and Kaiden was well...there. Nothing broke Melinda's heart more than watching Jayne's smile drop so quickly from her face. She dropped the cupcakes in her surprise. She tried removing the words from the board...and as Melinda knew they would, they stuck. She glared at Kaiden. As Jayne started to speak, she turned from him, and back to her friend and Professor. "Professor..." she started, but couldn't continue.
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Ridgewood Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:37 pm

Kaiden's initial blow hit him square in the nose like it had been a sledgehammer, and the other followed just as quickly on his cheek. Just after the former, he dimly noted that a slight "crunching" sound had accompanied it. Was it his nose? He couldn't tell what exactly was injured; It felt as though his entire face had been crushed and compacted into a small box.

He staggered backwards a few steps, just managing to catch himself on a solid desk. As he brought his hand to his face, he felt a warm liquid dribbling from his nose - It could only be that crimson substance that flowed through everyone's body. With a quiet panting, he felt the blood flowing from his nose, down his chin, then slowly spatter on the floor below him. Looking down to the small red orbs of liquid on the ground was somehow relaxing, as he found it difficult to concentrate on the room spinning around him.

As Seth looked up to Kaiden's angry face, he noticed that it was slightly blanched - even paler than usual. He was unable to fathom why, though, it's not like he the Brightstar had been hit himself. "No one talks to me like that, get it?" sneered Kaiden. At those words, the Blastfur could not contain a small grunt of a scoff; subsequently causing an extra splattering of blood to fall from his injured face.

For the first time in as far as he could remember, Seth was unsure of what to do. Looking up to that arrogant face plastered with a nasty smirk, a voice in his head screamed for him to strike him back, possibly a blow to the stomach to knock the wind out of him 'Wouldn't that be nice?' he thought to himself.

His mind was made up though by Professor McLaughlin coming into the room, baked goods tumbling from her hands. Shock was a very rare emotion for the professor, and to see it so heavily on her face was a strange sight indeed. All eyes, including Seth's own, watched her as she read the chalkboard with dismay. A flick of her wand yielded no positive results to the graffiti on the board; the false insults and accusations still glared back at her.

"What.....the......hell....happened?" She asked, her voice shaking with anger. "If someone does not answer me in three second, not only will you all have dentention, but all of your housepoints will be lost, you will lose your perfectness, and will be kicked off the quidditch team." The words seemed foreign coming from her; As though the vocabulary was something that could not be spoken by the person that she is. Seth felt a momentary pang of guilt - He should have known that Kaiden would have exploded if confronted.

He looked to Melinda a moment. Upon seeing that she had begun an explanation, he decided to remain quiet and allow her to relate the tale. Melinda knew Professor McLaughlin far better than he did - he'd even confused them for relatives a few times before he'd been informed otherwise - so Seth felt it would ultimately lead to a happier professor if she was informed by a student she liked better than himself.

Instead he turned, slowly shuffling back to his spot in the obscurity of the back of the room. As he passed by Kaiden's looming figure, he said to him in barely above a whisper, a small smirk etched into his lips, "But I did talk to you that way. That was quite a hit, you certainly are good at expressing yourself. Are you proud of your actions?"
Seth Ridgewood
Seth Ridgewood

Female
Number of posts : 27
House : Blastfur
Registration date : 2007-11-14

http://iveroth.eamped.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soren Daein Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:56 pm

Everything kind of just happened in a blur. He wasn't sure when it started, sometime after Kaiden had insulting everyone. He was sure, that it ended with Kaiden hitting Seth right in the face, the delinquent had put his fist back at his side, looking...pale, that only lasted momentarily. When that had happened, Soren looked away from his drawings with a gasp. He hadn't -actually- seen Seth get hit, but he had saw the after effects. He had quite a bit of blood spluttering out of his nose and he looked pale. Soren stood up, not looking the slightest bit intimidating standing only five feet off the ground. He didn't speak at first. He had opened his mouth to say something to Kaiden when the professor had walked in. She looked shocked, and he didn't blame her. It had all happened quite fast. McLaughlin looked at the board and tried to erase what had been written, but like Melinda; she didn't succeed.

"What.....the......hell....happened?" She asked, her voice shaking with anger. "If someone does not answer me in three second, not only will you all have detention, but all of your housepoints will be lost, you will lose your perfectness, and will be kicked off the quidditch team." Soren didn't really answer what she had to said, he simply said, "I think you should ask Mr. Preston about that." his tone was very cold and quite emotionless. Already standing, he grabbed his things from the desk and stalked away from Kaiden and the other girls and went to sit in the back, beside Seth.

The Wyrfeather cringed at the sight of his face, his nose looked...broken. He glared at Kaiden from where they sat and muttered to Seth, "You're bleeding badly, you should either ask to go to the Hospital Wing or tip your head back before you fall unconscious." he had neither his perky tone, or a concerned tone. It hadn't been intentional to sound cold to Seth, that had just...happened. He continued to mutter. "I'm sorry that had to happen..." he looked down sorrowfully and then glanced back over at the Professor, she looked between tears and anger. Who could blame her? She was probably the nicest teacher in the school, with the most horrid thing happening to her. His gaze drifted off her and back over to Preston. How he despised him even more now. He hadn't known Kaiden to be -that- violent. He went over the top with the punch, he desperately looked back over at Seth, who had blood dripping down his face.

He tsked ever so slightly shaking his head. He took out his wand and waved it, muttering, "eh-PIS-key". Seth could probably feel his nose go very hot, then very cold, with relative pain relief. Soren hadn't quite mastered the spell, so it wouldn't have a full effect. It was better then nothing though.

The short Wyrfeather found himself looking back at the trouble-maker, Kaiden with much dislike. His voice was slightly louder then a mutter now, it was loud enough so that the boy could hear him. "You're going to live a very lonely life until you get that violent fist of yours under control, simpleton." he shook his head once again in disbelief and pulled his chair up closer to the desk, so he could rest his face in his hands. Today was going to be a long, horrible day.
Soren Daein
Soren Daein

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayden Rose Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:16 am

Sidekick....SIDEKICK? Hayden Alexia Rose was no one's sidekick. It was then it hit her...was she? She looked over at Melinda. She was very smart and witty...just like she heard Kaiden say. He then went on to say that she was...dumb? Or something along those lines. She could not believe it. She had stood up for the boy who paints sets in drama club? Deep down, she wanted to help this boy, but then knew that she couldn't. After hearing all about his life story, she knew no one could help him. The thought of this almost made her cry...alomst.

As she watched Kaiden write those nasty things on the board, her heart sank. How could anyone say suck things about her aunt? Her aunt- the sweetest lady that she ever knew. Her aunt-who was her role model in life. Her aunt- who told her that she should try out for the drama club. Her aunt- who she loved like her second mother. Tears filled her eyes. She blinked them away. This...this "bad boy" would not make her cry. She was speachless, though. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't tell him off. She was still a tad scared of him. Because of this, she cast another look down to the floor. She just wanted her aunt to come back so that she could send Kaiden's sorry ass out of the room. When she felt like she could, she looked up at Kaiden. He looked almost sick. She wanted to feel bad, but she just couldn't.

It was then she saw Seth walk up to Kaiden. She did not hear what he had said, but she did see Kaiden punch him twice. Once in the nose, and then again in the cheek. Her mouth opened a little. It now formed an 'O' shape. How could anyone be so...evil? Seth was such a....quiet boy. He didn't ever do anyone any harm. She gave Kaiden a really sad look. She still couldn't find it in her to say anything. It was almost like that if she said anything, she knew it would come out different than how she meant it. This did make Hayden very mad. She was never one to not say anything.

Right after Kaiden punched Seth, Hayden watched as her aunt walked in holding cupcakes. She knew right away that her cousin, Robyn, had baked them. She watched her aunt look at the board. It broke her heart to see Professor McLaughlin's face. As Hayden saw her aunt storm over to the board, she wanted to let her know that it wouldn't come off. Again, she couldn't find herself saying anything. It was her aunt that said the next thing, "What.....the......hell....happened?" She asked, her voice shaking with anger. "If someone does not answer me in three second, not only will you all have detention, but all of your housepoints will be lost, you will lose your perfectness, and will be kicked off the quidditch team."

Hayden heard Melinda start to say something, and then heard Seth say to tell her to ask Kaiden. Hayden couldn't help it this time. She finally said, "Kaiden hit Seth!" She then covered her hands over her mouth. She could not believe she just said that outloud. She saw her aunt sigh deeply. Maybe she shouldn't have said anything...but it was too late for that now!
Hayden Rose
Hayden Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:42 am

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw just how hard Kaiden had hit Seth...and the site of the blood was not doing good things for her stomach. She looked away, disgusted at the sight of it, and at herself for not wanting to get close to Seth to help him because she was too repulsed by his injuries. At least he seemed okay enough to throw another cutting remark back at Kaiden.

Soren abandoned his seat near them to go sit in the back with Seth...and again she cursed herself for not doing anything to help him because she couldnt stand the sight of the blood. She heard a whispered 'episkey' spell, and was glad that Soren had healed Seth somewhat. She didn't know all the facts, but if someone lost a lot of blood, they could lose conciousness or something, right? And she certainly didn't want that happening...not on top of everything else that was going on. Melinda was again surprised at the back bone of another of her classmates, this time Soren, who scathingly told Kaiden he would be alone all his life if he couldn't learn to control himself.

Melinda glanced down at Hayden, she looked so sad. About what, Melinda, for once, couldn't tell. There was a lot to be sad about in this messed up classroom. Again she looked at Kaiden, and felt another burn of anger, despite the fact that he looked almost as bad as she felt for Jayne. She bit her lip, willing words...any words to come to explain to Jayne why on the very first day of school it appeared as though everything had abruptly crashed down on them. When Hayden blurted out that Kaiden had hit Seth, she nodded, and added, very softly. "He did, Professor. Seth should probably go the hospital wing there was a lot of..." she gulped. "blood."
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Deputy Headmistress Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:24 am

Jayne watched as Soren got up and left his seat, to a seat next to Seth. She saw the red blood drip from Seth's mouth, and she walked over to him. She pointed her wand at his nose, and muttered something under her breath. The bleeding did stop, thank goodness. She walked back over to her desk, to hear Hayden and Melinda tell her that Kaiden punched Seth. She figured that he also wrote on her board. She took a deep breath, and turned around to face the class. Her face showed no emotion what so ever. This almost scared her. She had never felt like this before. Even when Peyton drew all over the walls she wasn't this mad. She closed her eyes, and wished she didn't have to do this.

She opened up her eyes, and looked over at Kaiden. Her emotionless face changed into a small, sad smile. Professor McLaughlin then took into another deep breath. "Mr. Preston, I have no choice but to ask you to please leave my classroom and go see the Headmistress. Also, please remove what you wrote on my board. I will not give you any other punishment. I will leave that up to Professor Hayes. Before you leave, please come up to my desk." She walked to the back of her desk and sat down. She pulled out a quill and some paper. She quickly wrote down a note to give to Charlotte. It basically just told her what Kaiden did, and that she didn't really give him a punishment other than to see her.

"Mr. Preston, please come up to my desk." She drummed her nails on her desk while she waited for him. While she waited, she gave Seth a warm smile, "Feeling better, Mr.Ridgewood?" She asked in a sweet, motherly voice. "If not you are most welcome to go down to the Hospital Wing." Her warm smile never left her face. She then looked at Melinda and Hayden. "Thank you, ladies." She then tapped her foot. "Any day would be great, Mr. Preston." Her voice was now snappy, and angry.
Deputy Headmistress
Deputy Headmistress
Deputy Headmistress

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiden Preston Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:48 am

The second the Deputy Headmistress walked back into her classroom, Kaiden knew he was screwed. She coiled in his seat for a moment, and then heard her say, "Mr. Preston, I have no choice but to ask you to please leave my classroom and go see the Headmistress. Also, please remove what you wrote on my board. I will not give you any other punishment. I will leave that up to Headmistress Hayes. Before you leave, please come up to my desk." Kaiden kind of ignored her for a few moments. He watched her write a note to Charlotte.

After she called him up to her desk for a second time, he slowly walked up to her. He reached his hand out, and she gave him the note. Kaiden sighed, and said only loud enough for Professor Mclaughlin to hear, "Sorry, Professor. I dunno what came over me..." He then nodded his head, and turned around. He started to walk out of her classroom. When he passed Seth's desk he stated, "You better just make sure I don't see you out of this damn classroom!" he said this loud enough for not only Seth to hear, but the whole class. He turned around and pointed his wand at the board. He muttered the counter curse, and the words were gone. He then walked out of the room, and slamed the big wooden door behind him.

Kaiden could not believe that he had done something so terrible to Professor Mclaughlin. He thought about not going to go see the Headmitress. He wanted to go back to class, and just in the back unnoticed by everyone. He wanted to pass school, and not have to get kicked out. After a few minuted of just standing in the hallway, he decided that he would go see the Headmistress. Maybe she would let him go back to class....if he begged. He saw a third year running outside Professor McLaughlin's room. "Walk!" He yelled, and gasped. He wasn't a prefect, and never wanted to be.
Kaiden Preston
Kaiden Preston

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:09 am

Melinda felt herself leaning back in her seat, away from Jayne. She looked so...cold, and emotionless. Never, in her entire life, had she seen her like this. It was terrifying. She was grateful that Kaiden got out of the classroom, because frankly, if he hadn't walked in...none of this would have happened. All of them would have been perfectly fine and joking around a little bit. She knew him to be a notorious 'bad boy'...but he seemed to have taken it even further-and on the first day no less. Briefly, the brunette wondered what kind of punishment her mother would put him through. She was very strict...and this definitely wasn't Kaiden's first offense. Jayne, at least, seemed to be calming down. She used her normal tone with Seth, and with her and Hayden...but as soon as her eyes landed on Kaiden once more, her voice snapped back into its angry tone. "You're welcome, Professor." she said softly.

After all of this, she could hardly believe that when Jayne first called Kaiden up...he ignored her. Hadn't he done enough? Apparently not, for he turned back to Seth and threatened him, in front of the entire class. Oh...just leave. she thought irritably, glaring up from underneath her eyelashes at Kaiden. At least he removed those hurtful words from the black board.

When he left the room, she looked back over at Jayne. "Jay--I mean, Professor, would you like me to clean up the cupcakes?" she asked, giving her a small smile.
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Deputy Headmistress Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:52 am

Jayne sighed, and then smiled at Melinda. She just wanted to put the past behind her. It was still early into the class, and she wanted every student to face their personal Boggart. Professor McLaughlin heard Miss Melinda Hayes ask if she wanted her to pick up the cupcakes. Jayne chuckled. "No need, Miss Hayes." She flicked her wand at the mess, and they looked as good as new. She then moved her wand up a little, and they were perfectly clean. "Infact," she then placed a cupcake infront of the four students in her room. "My daughter made them....so I hope they taste good." They were chocolate, and had light pink frosting...but all the same. They looked ok.

"Anyways, I think that I will be going first in the Boggart lesson. This is advanced Boggarts, and I want to make sure that you guys know how to handle them. I personally know what my Boggart is, but I will act like I don't. I want all of you to pay very close attention to what I do. For example, the way I move my wand, the way I concentrate on what I'm doing, and the way I try to smile a little before I fix the Boggart. All right?" She gave them all a nod.

Jayne McLaughlin then looked at the closet. She tapped it, and her Boggart came out of the closet. It showed Jimmy pointing his wand at her two little girls. It was then that he screamed the killing curse. In the Boggart, she was standing there watching...and not doing anything. Jayne closed her eyes, and flicked her wand. "Ridikkulus!" She yelled, and the Boggart quickly turned into her daughters putting on a ballet show, and laughing and giggling like two small little girls.

With another flick of her wand, it died, and the Boggart closet door closed. "So that is how to properly face your Boggart. Who would like to go next?" She smiled at her class. "Come on....It isn't too hard...."
Deputy Headmistress
Deputy Headmistress
Deputy Headmistress

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayden Rose Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:14 am

Hayden watched as the cupcakes floated to their seats. She smiled. "Aww. Did Robyn makes these? They look so yummy." Look up at her aunt, she took a bite. "Professor, make sure to tell her that Haydee said that they were good." Hayden placed the cupcake back on the table. She still could not believe what had happened earlier. To think it just took one kid to make this class like a trip to hell. She thought about it for a moment, and it took him seven minutes to make someone bleed, and her aunt almost cry. This made Hayden shake her head, and wish Kaiden would go back home. He wasn't going anyone any good here. Well, no, he was an amazing quidditch player for their team...but that was it. She figured because that was where he put all his anger.

"Anyways, I think that I will be going first in the Boggart lesson. This is advanced Boggarts, and I want to make sure that you guys know how to handle them. I personally know what my Boggart is, but I will act like I don't. I want all of you to pay very close attention to what I do. For example, the way I move my wand, the way I concentrate on what I'm doing, and the way I try to smile a little before I fix the Boggart. All right?" Hayden nodded back to her aunt, and wanted to know what her personal Boggart was going to be. She was also wanted to see what her aunt's Boggart was. She figured it had something to do with her kids. This made her feel a little sick in side. To even see something in a Boggart happen to her little cousins would be hard to watch.

Hayden watced Professor McLaughlin's Boggart. It almost made her burst into tears. It was hard to watch her Uncle kill her two little cousins. Although, she did giggle at them putting on a ballet show. They did that all the time. It was because they both took dance lessons-like Hayden did. Hayden even taught some dance classes over the summer. Peyton was in one of her classes. It was so much fun!

"So that is how to properly face your Boggart. Who would like to go next? Come on....It isn't too hard...." Jayne gave the class a smile, and Hayden rasied her hand. She could not believe she was about to do this...Her aunt called on her, and she stood up. Each step she took, she got more and more scared. When she was a third yeah, her Boggart was her losing her make-up. She knew it was going to be something...terrible now. She shivered at the thought of how bad it was going to be. Her aunt tapped the closet, and she closed her eyes at first.

When she opened them, she was shocked to see her Boggart. It was not she had thought. It was two figures walking. She couldn't quiet make out who they where. It was really foggy. She saw one of the Boggart people fall, the other other bend down. The fog was clearing, and she could make out herself being the one now kneeling on the ground crying. The other figure was still in the fog. It was then she saw it was Melinda. Her eyes got huge. Her Boggart was Melinda dying. That was so....horrible! She winced, and screamed, "Ridikkulus!" The Boggart turned into her and Melinda shopping and throwing candy at each other.

She looked over at her aunt. Hayden's eyes, now tearly, could hardly see anything. She gave Jayne a nod, and sat back down at her seat. She was speachless. She didn't dare look at her best friend. It scared her too much. Hayden used her robe to try to whipe away her tears. It just hurt so much.

"Very well done, Miss Rose." Professor McLaughlin gave her a nod, and asked, "Who's next?"
Hayden Rose
Hayden Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:05 am

Melinda picked up the cupcake as well. "They look perfectly delicious, Professor." she said, taking her own small little bite. It was delicious-maybe Robyn had a future in a bakery or something, because for a seven year old to manage not to mutilate cupcakes was quite a feat. "And they taste that way too. Tell both of your daughters" she could guess that Peyton must've had some hand in this. "That Mellie loved them too." Somewhat nervously, she looked around the classroom. It was bordering on over-familiarity...but it wasn't like it was a secret that her family and Hayden's were friends. Hell, if anyone didnt know, Kaiden's comments certainly pointed that out. The thought of him made her not hungry anymore, so she placed her cupcake back on her desk for later.

She swallowed, a little anxious at the prospect of seeing Jayne's boggart. As close as she was to her...it seemed too personal. After all, this was her teacher's worst fear, it would definitely have something to do with her family. And Melinda had no idea what her boggart was. Would it do with her own family? With Hayden? She bit her lip, and decided to deal with that when it came time to deal with it. Now, she would watch Jayne deal with her boggart, and constantly tell herself that it wasn't real.

It's not real... Jimmy, Robyn, and Peyton walked out of the closet, Jimmy had his wand drawn. It's not real...it's not real Jimmy uses the killing curse on the two girls...It's not real...it's not real...it's not real... She forced her to keep her eyes open, the boggart-Jayne didn't do anything to help her two precious daughters. It'snotrealIt'snotrealIt'snotrealIt'snotreal... Then it was over. The boggart changed to Robyn and Peyton doing a ballet show. Although she had gone a little pale from the sight of a man she thought of as her uncle killing her 'cousins', she still had to give a weak smile at the ballet show. The two girls did do that all the time...and if they were to show up right at that moment, it would probably be one of the first things they were to show the class.

Melinda was a little skeptical, however, at the boggart 'not being difficult' to face. Jayne had done well, from the outward show of emotion she had displayed...but she must still be shaking on the inside. To her surprise, Hayden raised her hand shakily, and stood up. Her mouth formed a small little 'O' as her friend got up and walked to go face her boggart. Sometimes, it was easy for Melinda to forget that Hayden had a lot of guts. And being the first kid to face their fearsome boggart in front of the entire class took a lot of that-guts. Once again, Melinda told herself it wasn't real, as Hayden closed her eyes and prepared for the boggart.

It's not real...It's not real. It started out fairly tamely, just two figures in the fog. One of the figures fell, and the other bent down. The fog cleared...It's not real...it's not real...it's not real... The person who was bend over was crying...it was Hayden. And the other person was...her. And she was dead. It'snotrealIt'snotrealIt'snotrealIt'snotreal She bit her lip so hard she felt as though she would draw blood. Hayden's boggart was her dying. She started at the force behind Hayden's shout of 'Riddikulus!', and then it was the two of them shopping and throwing candy at each other. Melinda was trembling, she could practically feel Hayden's fear that her boggart would come true. It was so...eerie, seeing herself dead on the floor. And she felt a great surge of love for Hayden ((Friendship love you weirdos!)) as she walked back over and sat down, using her robe to dry her eyes. Gently, Melinda lay her head on Hayden's shoulder, as if to say 'It's all right, I'm right here...I'm okay.'

Jayne asked for someone to go next, and Melinda slowly raised her eyes to meet her Professor's. If Hayden could do this...then she definitely could. Melinda raised her hand, and said, "I'll go, Professor."
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Deputy Headmistress Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:37 am

Having Hayden go first was something that Jayne thought could never happen. She forgot that Hayden could be brave...sometimes. Then then remembered Hayden's huge fear of ducks, and hoped the the Heaves above that her Boggart was not a dunk trying to eat her. She let Hayden go first. Jayne took out her wand, and tapped the closet.

When Professor McLaighlin saw the fogginess of her Boggart, she got a little nervous. Fog, nine times out of ten, meant seeing someone dying. Jayne took a small glance at Hayden. She seemed to be glued to watching her Boggart clear. It was then she saw Hayden, in her Boggart form, kneel down next to someone that had just fallen. Was it one of Hayden's brothers? Maybe her mom? She gasped (rather loudly) when she saw it was Melinda that was lying dead on the ground. Jayne did not think Hayden would beable to fix the Boggart. Before her very eyes, the Deputy Headmistress watched her turn it into her and Melinda throwing candy at each other. It made her smile lightly. She wondered if Hayden and Melinda had really done that before. Her guess was yes.

Her heart almost broke in two when she watched her niece cry a little. She wanted to reach out and give her a hug, but knew that she could not do that while teaching. Plus, Hayden sat down so quickly she did not have a chance to. Feeling as thought she needed to say something, Jayne stated, "Very well done, Miss Rose." Professor McLaughlin gave her a nod, and asked, "Who's next?"

It did not shock her one bit when Melinda raised her hand. She was rather surprised when Melinda did not offer to go first. "Yes, Miss Hayes. I would love it fo you to go next." Professor McLaughlin tapped the closet, so that the Boggart would come out whenever Melinda was ready.
Deputy Headmistress
Deputy Headmistress
Deputy Headmistress

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:51 am

She stood, her wand clenched tight in her first. She was determined to do this, after all, it wasn't real, and you shouldn't be afraid of things that aren't real, right? Careful not to hit anybody's chairs, she weaved in and out of a few desks to get to where she needed to be-right in front of the closet. Jayne used her wand to tap the closet, and thus release the boggart, and Melinda took one more breath.

At first, everything seemed to be fine-there was nothing around her. Was her fear that she wouldn't have a boggart? That would be...silly. And then, she heard a creaking noise, and saw a cage had formed around her, and it was slowly closing in. It was going to crush her! Melinda gasped, and tried to raise her wand, but her arm felt like lead, she was so focused watching the bars slowly closing in around her. Squeezing her eyes tight, she reminded herself that this wasn't real, and tried once again to raise her wand. This time, she did, but had to open her eyes to cast the charm. Apparently, this was a bad idea, because the cage was now nearly pressing against her head, and she kneeled quickly, as if to avoid the bars. This just made the cage get smaller faster, and Melinda's breaths were coming soft, short gasps her eyes wide, no hint of the smile about her face.

She swallowed hard, and firmly told herself to get a grip. She was botching this horribly, and needed to get over this fear of being closed in. Melinda briefly closed her eyes, and then reopened them. When she did, she focused firmly on the cage, although the fact that the top was once again coming closer and closer to her head made her very nervous. "Ridikkulus!" her voice was merely a whisper at the start, but ended strongly. So it actually sounded something like "Ridikkulus!" The cage immediately sprung outwards and became a moon bounce, which bounced her a little before the boggart retreated back inside the closet. Melinda slowly stood, and wiped her forehead. Jayne was right, these did seem way harder then they looked.

As she walked back to her seat, she was plagued by the fact that her boggart had mostly been about herself, while Hayden's had been about another, specifically her. She knew that losing Hayden in any way, shape, or form would be utterly devastating to her...but it wasn't her worst fear? Did that make her some kind of bad person? Still thinking about this, she kept her eyes on her desk as she sat down next to Hayden, but not before shooting a weak smile to Jayne, and saying, half-heartedly, "Piece of cake."
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Soren Daein Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:25 am

He grinned at the cupcake placed on his desk and then looked at their Professor. "Thank you very much, Professor McLaughlin, I'm sure they'll be delicious." he picked it up carefully and took a bit. They were good. He gave a slight nod to confirm his hypothesis with a smile. "Just tell her that among Miss Melinda and Miss Hayden, another student also thought they were fantastic." he put the cupcake back down on the desk to savor it and eat it later, perhaps after he would eat it after he dealt with his Boggart. Something sweet after...he nodded to himself. Definitely.

The Professor dealt with her Boggart quickly, it was her two children he assumed, and...a man, who he didn't know trying to kill them. Her fear must've been her children dieing...he didn't get a good enough look at the man to tell who he was, so he just assumed the first assumption. She flicked her wand and the Boggart retreated back into the closet, closing the door. "So that is how to properly face your Boggart. Who would like to go next? she smiled and then spoke again, with much comfort in her voice. "Come on....It isn't too hard...." Soren returned to smile, as much as he disliked this lesson, McLaughlin was a great teacher, and she was probably the nicest one in the school. That, however, did not make him want to volunteer, he knew he would have to eventually, but, definitely not first...even if there -were- only four students in here.

Hayden volunteered to go first. Soren looked at her a slight bit of awe. Such confidence...That made him envy her in the slightest. He stopped clouding his mind with thoughts and decided to just to pay attention. That didn't last long, maybe he'd just shout the spell before anything affected him? Maybe? He sighed quietly and glanced at Seth, then concentrated on Hayden's Boggart. It was very foggy, but the fog began to clear, he still couldn't really make out who it was besides a copy of Hayden kneeling before another figure. Who was that? He couldn't tell even once the fog cleared...Hayden shouted the spell and it turned into her and Melinda shopping and throwing candy. Although he did not find it -that- amusing, he forced himself to chuckle a bit. Laughter is what harmed Boggarts. Her Boggart was Melinda dieing...he smiled, that was so selfless of her.

Melinda looked a little surprised at the Boggart...he would be too, if he saw himself dieing. That would be strange. Aww, poor Hayden, she was so shaken by the Boggart, she was crying a bit. His smile grew a bit. She may have seemed like a bit of a ditz, but deep down, she's a real sweetie. He sighed, Professor McLaughlin praised her for success and then asked who wanted to go next. He thought of volunteering, but didn't. Besides, Melinda decided to go next.

She walked up, looking a little nervous. She made her way to the front of the Closet and the Professor tapped the Closet with her wand. Soren, though he was not up there, held his breath a bit. Melinda was enclosed in a cage...and it started to shrink. She seemed to be having difficulties getting the spell out, but when she finally did, Soren stopped holding his breath. That was a relief. She was in a moon bounce, she bounced a little then the Boggart went back in the closet. Once again, though it was not that amusing, he snickered.

Like Hayden, she looked quite shaken. She turned her head to the Professor, so Soren could no longer see what she was doing. She did say, rather weakly..."Piece of cake." Him or Seth had to go next, and now that it was approaching, he decided that he did not want to volunteer anymore. Maye Seth would? He could only hope...what would Seth's Boggart be? Then again, he couldn't of predicted it for anyone, so he wasn't going to bog his mind at the moment. He had enough racing through it at the time being. He looked back at the Professor, thinking to himself. 'Don't pick...don't pick...just let Seth volunteer, maybe class will end before I have to go.'
Soren Daein
Soren Daein

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Deputy Headmistress Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:06 am

Jayne watched as Melinda's Boggart started to form. At first, she was not sure what was happening. It was then that she saw a cage. This cage had Miss Hayes inside it. The cage was closing in around her. It was scary Boggat for such a young lady to have. It was hard to Jayne to think of Melinda (and Hayden) as being sixteen. She looked at her desk and saw the picture of them when they were six. She smiled, then looked back over at her "almost" niece. It was then that the smile flew from her face. Melinda looked so scared. Jayne wanted to help her out so badly, but knew that she shouldn't...and really couldn't. They had to beable to fix their Boggart for them to pass sixth year DADA.

She saw Melinda close her eyes, then open them again. It hurt her a lot to see her like this. She finally seemed to beable to fix her Boggart. It turned into a moon bounce. Jayne watched as Melinda walked back to her seat, and she looked sad. Professor McLaughlin had an idea what was wrong. She knew that she should of had Melinda go before Hayden. Shaking her head, she heard Melinda say something about it being a 'piece of cake.' She chuckled. Well, she was going to have to call on one of the boys now...but which one?

She looked at Seth, then at Soren. She really had no idea who she should call on. She figured that she would just call on whatever one first popped into her mind. "Mr. Daein, could you please come up here and show us your Boggart?" She smiled, and leaned on her desk, waiting for him to come up to the front of the class.
Deputy Headmistress
Deputy Headmistress
Deputy Headmistress

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content