Hysteria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catwalk

+4
Seth Ridgewood
Hayden Rose
Melinda B. Hayes
Dani Sunset
8 posters

Go down

Catwalk Empty Catwalk

Post  Dani Sunset Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:20 am

Time: 5:45 before Drama Club starts
Open.

::Dani lay on her stomache looking down on a group of people on the stage, they were practicing lines for Romeo and Juliet. Dani laughed sliently and let her gaze linger on the empty chairs in the autitorium, she secretly wondered what people would think if they saw her, Dani, haveing the lead in a play. She giggled openly at the thought. She couldn't even see herself doing that.

Rolling over carefully as to not fall that great hight she looked at the twist of lights and wires above her head, knowing that she'd be the one who would be pulling the lines that postion them, she sighed and sat up grabbing her poetry book from her bag. She was getting near the end of it and this was making her sad. Without the poetry book she'd feel lost unable to express anything anymore. The book was her only friend her constant compainon.

She looked at the first poem in the book, reading over everything that she'd written thus far.
Dani Sunset
Dani Sunset

Female
Number of posts : 54
Year : 6th
House : Burnstrike
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Back to top Go down

Catwalk Empty Re: Catwalk

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:28 pm

Melinda tapped her foot impatiently, waiting for her entrance. The poor boy playing Romeo was...more or less struggling. So, the director was spending more time with him, leaving her plenty of time to run around backstage and do pretty much nothing. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the spiral staircase up to the catwalk. This was generally forbidden to cast members as it was a techie fear that cast members were idiots when it came to anything technical. What they forgot was that you get the hang of the equipment around your second or third year, and this fall marked Melinda's fifth, so, with expert agility and care, she began walking up to the catwalk, casually looking around to make sure that, the director didn't see her...just in case it was a bad day to climb up the catwalk.

Glancing down at the scene unfolding beneath her, she marveled at how different the view was from up here. She began walking across the catwalk, towards where center stage was, all the time keeping her eyes on the stage below her...and that was how she tripped over the legs of a girl lying on the catwalk. Melinda clapped a hand over her mouth to keep herself from cursing loudly, and contented herself by letting a few choice words she was pretty sure her mother wouldn't be happy with her knowing run through her mind at rapid speed. She quickly removed her hand from her mouth and took a step back. It would figure that the first time all year she goes up on the catwalk, she trips over someone. Oh well, better to amend that now.

As she was no longer focused on keeping herself from being noticed, the brunette looked down and saw that it was Dani whom she had nearly fallen on top of. With her signature cheery smile, she knelt down and whispered, "Sorry about that, Dani. Strictly speaking, I'm not supposed to be up here...and I got a little distracted because I haven't been up here in a while, so I accidentally tripped...and it'd be pretty awesome if this just stayed a little secret in between the two of us...okay?" the last part came out somewhat uncertainly, because she felt a little uncomfortable sharing this potentially problematic secret with someone she didn't know too well. Oh well, might as well grin and bear it.
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female
Number of posts : 76
House : Brightstar
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Sunset Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:45 pm

Dani looked up at the Brunette, she was on of those that usually had her face showered in the beaming gleam of the spotlight. Not only was she one of the girls that Dani wouldn't expect to be talking to her, she'd tripped over her as well. She fought down the feelings of despise and put on a smile she reserved for people like teachers and counslers who always ask what's wrong.

"Sorry about that, Dani. Strictly speaking, I'm not supposed to be up here...and I got a little distracted because I haven't been up here in a while, so I accidentally tripped...and it'd be pretty awesome if this just stayed a little secret in between the two of us...okay?"

Dani had half a mind to call for the Drama instructor but decided against that, Melinda had done nothing wrong persay and Dani wasn't in the mood for making enemies. Instead she looked into the young girls eyes and said in a soft yet still clear voice.

"Don't worry you secrets' safe with me." She grinned, for once she had the upper hand here, this was her domain, the 'techie's' little secret lair and one of the stage flowers had stumbled upon it.

"It's quiet different up here," She said looking down at the boy and the Drama teacher, who were now having a small arguement. "You see everything, everytime someone stumbles you're the first to see it, every line that is said for the first time you get to hear first. Its like being a puppetier." She looked back at the Brightstar girl, "And all the actors are my little puppets." she giggled.
Dani Sunset
Dani Sunset

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:06 pm

To her relief, Dani smiled. Something didn't sit well with her about the smile...but at least she wasn't scowling and shouting down to the director that there was a rogue actress on the catwalk. That was pretty nice. However, there was something about Dani that made Melinda wonder if she was being done a favor...or had just handed Dani a little tidbit of blackmail that would come back to bite her in the butt later. She decided to believe that it was the former, and if the latter ever became an issue...well, she'd deal with that later then.

Sitting down next to Dani, she looked down onto the stage as the actors were described as puppets. She laughed slightly, but was once again put a little bit off ease. Another instance of Dani appearing to enjoy having control. "Wow, that is interesting. Do we all really look like that down there? No wonder they make us wear the stage make up...the lights do wash you out." She made a face at the words 'stage make-up'. It was the bane of her acting career, as she always got a nasty shock everytime she passed a mirror while wearing it. To date she had not yet gotten the correct skin tone foundation. Last year she had practically darkened two entire skin tones, and the year before it looks as though she posessed no blood in her entire body, so white was the stuff they powdered on her. "And I see why they have people sit up here and take notes at rehearsals...because I guess you guys are the first to know if something looks a little funky."
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayden Rose Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:37 am

A petit little blonde stomed onto the stage. She gave an evil glare to the boy who was reading for Romeo. She looked around, wondering where the heck Melinda was. She looked into the empty seats, and did not see her best friend. She looked on the stage, and still nothing. She gave up, and yelled, "Coach!" She saw the drama coach...she was helping out the boy playing Romeo at the moment. When she heard Hayden's voice, she looked up and smiled. "Hello there, Miss Rose. Welcome back...what seems to be the problem?" At the sound of their teacher's voice, Hayden calmed down. "I just can't seem to find Melinda anywhere...and my make up wasn't in my dressing room..." She saw the young man playing Romeo roll his eyes. "What?" Hayden asked, and gave him a weak smile, "I can't go on stage without it..."

She sat down on the edge of the stage, and watched as new students looked overly scared. It wasn't like today was the day they picked who was going to play whom. Today was just the day where anyone who wanted to join would come and watch the 'oldies' read some lines. She remembered her first year here. All the elder students were running around having fun, and her and Melinda looked so terrifed...."Hayden!" She heard the instructor yell, "I have no idea where on earth Melinda went...so please read for Juliet." Rolling her deep blue eyes, Hayden stood up, and slowly walked over to where 'Romeo' was. Juliet was meant for Melinda to read...not her.

"MELINDA!" Hayden screamed, and looked around, "Get over here and read...please." Juliet really wasn't the part she was supposed to read for.
Hayden Rose
Hayden Rose

Female
Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:08 am

The brunette giggled when she saw Hayden storm onstage, her characteristic blonde hair glowing white in the lights from above the catwalk. From Hayden's gait, she could tell that she wasn't too happy. Briefly, Melinda began to wonder what it was that had gotten her so mad. She could only hear her friend shout "COACH!" addressing the director who was, at that moment, attempting to get the boy reading for Romeo to do something besides just stand there. However, her voice soon quieted down considerably, so Hayden could no longer hear the rest of what was said.

She turned to Dani to ask her if she had heard anything at all of what was going on besides the yelling of 'Coach', when someone else yelled. This time, it was the Director, shouting at Hayden about something. Which seemed to make Hayden not happy at all. I wonder what she asked her to do...maybe round up some of the newbies. She chuckled to herself. Hayden generally disliked new people, they threw her off what she was used to. At least, that was why Melinda thought she didn't like them...it could just be Hayden deciding she didn't like newbies and that was that. She watched Hayden walk over to 'Romeo' and open her mouth...presumably to tell him something.

She winced. Or, it could be to shout for her to get her butt on the stage right now and read for Juliet. So that was what this great fuss and hullabaloo was all about. It was finally her turn to read, and here she was up on the catwalk. "Coming!" she shouted as she stood up. "Nice talking to you," she added to Dani before running across the catwalk and down the spiral staircase. She darted to the far corner, where the prop room was, and walked out confused, as if she had been in there the whole time.

"Yes, Hayden? I was just looking for something in the prop room...I heard you yell. Actually, I think several people heard you yell." she giggled.
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Ridgewood Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:41 am

The bustle of people running to and fro, calls looking for misplaced script-booklets, and giggles as people tried on all of the funny hats, overcoats and props that made up the costume department were the epitome of the drama room at the moment. The stage was set, the lights bright, and a number of actors upon it grasping their possible-new lines dutifully.

Seth, however, was not. He was propped against the back wall of the room, opposite of the stage, half-laying down, half-slouching against the hard surface behind him. With a head tilted slightly to the side to rest on his shoulder and hands held casually behind his head, he was an image of relaxation. His perpetually blank face watched the many people rushing about and the few who had taken a place on the stage. Though he was "new", it being his first year in drama due only out of mistake, he was not wracked by the nervousness that seemed to plague the younger students. Then again, he never really was.

It was during these last few moments that it occurred to him that this was not what he had intended to sign up for. He had shown up at the art room but was told he was no where to be seen on the list, so in his nearly-constant daze had followed as instructed to proceed to the theater. No paintbrushes, easels or sculptures here; All of the artwork was of flesh on a pristine viewing platform. Admittedly, he wasn't trying very hard to mix his mistake, but figured that he would be able to get by just avoiding getting any parts or the like.

Two girls that he knew, by the name of Hayden and Melissa were under the greatest lights of the hall; the former seeming to be in a middle of a temper-tantrum, the latter trying to suppress fits of laughter. He could see Hayden's mouth wide open with angry shouts and protests, but he made no effort to make out her words.

His eyes then drifted to the boy being instructed personally by their drama coach, feeling some sympathy for the confused boy. He shook his head some, 'Just glad that isn't me.' he realized.
Seth Ridgewood
Seth Ridgewood

Female
Number of posts : 27
Year : Sixth
House : Blastfur
Registration date : 2007-11-14

http://iveroth.eamped.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Sunset Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:58 am

Dani was about to respond to Melinda's comments but was cut short by Hayden's yell. She looked back to where Melinda had been sitting but she olny saw her frame rushing down the tight twist and turns of the catwalk ladder. Shrugging her shoulders, she stood up and looked across the aditorium her gaze aimmed at the box. There was no one up there giving the directions that would've been useful to the Burnstrike girl. Sighing softly Dani contented herself to leaning over the very unstable bar and looking down onto the stage.

Noting each of the actors, in turn the scene wasn't a difficult one. Only the balcony section where Romeo made love to Juliet by word of mouth. Dani recited the part in her mind as if she was playing the part of Romeo, 'By light of yonder window breaks', she muttered. leaving her bag, where she'd sat earlier, she wandered over to where light switches and curtain pulles hung, moving softly in an undistiguisable breeze.

She flipped the second switch and lights dimmed, just like they would on a normal play night. She looked towards the box, but no light came on in there. Smiling she knew she could make a fool of the actors on stage, but decided against it. Melinda didn't deserve that, she had at least attempted to be nice. However Hayden, the pushy bossy girl if she twisted Dani's buttons enough might one day recive a bag of sand on the head.

She giggled at the thought and flipped her Blonde and Black hair over her shoulder. Leaning over the bar once more, she watch as the actors below made their way across the stage, playing the play out. Her lazy gaze floated over to the prop room, and saw a dark haired boy. Her heart almost stopped its contiuious pound and her breath stuck in her throat. Seth, was down there.
Dani Sunset
Dani Sunset

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Soren Daein Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:35 am

Not far behind Seth, came the short Wyrfeather. It wasn't as though he had been -following- Seth, but he was late because he had stayed in Potions to help clean up with one of the explosions a kid had made. Being late for Drama wasn't all -that- big of a deal. Unless you were acting, to Soren, it was kind of a free period. He glanced around the room and noticed a shadowed figure on the catwalk. He couldn't make out who it was, so he took out from his bag a glasses case, and out from the case came some fairly thick rimmed, black glasses. He put them on and squinted his eyes at the figure, still not being able to tell from the darkness, he shrugged and payed it no more attention. He putting his glasses away in the case.

Next on the list he noticed Melinda and Hayden, the two best friends who never seemed to be separate. Hayden, was putting her emotions to the extend, yelling something and whatnot. He grinned at her, she was...ditzy, but he loved her for it(as a friend)! Melinda seemed rather calm to him at least, as usual. Maybe it was just because her personality, in comparison to Hayden was much more mediocre. He also noticed them, and the Drama teacher dealing with the boy who was trying to learn Romeo's lines...He almost flustered. He wanted to be Romeo...well, just a bit.

And last on his list was Seth, he -almost- ran over to him but instead calmed himself and confidently strode over to him. "Seth?" he spoke with a much more relaxed voice then he had been using at the library. He still a had a smile on, this one however, made him look much older, and much more calm. "I would have never guessed that you were in Drama." he widened the smile just a bit, but it still looked relaxed and, older. "You don't mind if I stand by you, do you?" he glanced around the room again, at the Drama teacher, the shadey techie on the catwalk and Seth. "Your the best choice..." he snickered and looked ready to lower his bag and sit down, he didn't move yet though, awaiting the seal of approval from the "SO" social one.
Soren Daein
Soren Daein

Female
Number of posts : 52
House : Wryfeather

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:07 am

The Director practically shoved a script in her hands as soon as she was within a foot of her. While Melinda flipped the book rightside up and facing upwards, the Director began to mutter rapidly, "Finally, willing someone to read the part. Please Melinda, do give it your best." she lowered her voice, so that only she could hear the next words she spoke. Melinda leaned in a little, wondering what could be so important. "He really wants the part, and needs the practice... and I think you're intimidating him...so take it easy." Melinda smiled and nodded, flipping to the correct page. Jokingly, she pretended not to find it for a while, but when the Director glared sternly at her, she dutifully found the page remarkably quickly. Let's see...Here we are. Romeo had just finished his speech after she had walked out onto her balcony, so the only thing she had to do was whisper sadly,

"Ay me!" Romeo more or less stumbled through his next speech, and Melinda's brown eyes sought out Hayden's blue. This seemed like it would be a bit of a long rehearsal. She was reminded of the second show they had ever done, Alice in Wonderland, when the White Rabbit kept coming onstage...late. It was hilariously funny and ironic. And now, here they were with a more or less tongue-tied Romeo.

Oh how Melinda loved drama club.
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Megyn Hazlett Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:20 pm

"That's enough!" Professor Megyn Hazlett, "Coach", yelled to the boy playing Romeo. "I need someone who isn't scared to read!" Her eyes looked around, trying to find someone right for the job. She didn't see anyone at first. She did however see Miss Hayden Rose humming to herself. 'Most likey still singing her songs from last year's musical...' Megyn thought, and chuckled. She looked down at her list of students that had signed up. She couldn't have a 'newbie' read for Romeo...No...no that wouldn't be fair. She could always have a female try out....but then the kissing would be just so awkward. It was then that Professor Hazlett's eyes landed on Soren Daein. Her mouth twitched into a small smile, and she fixed her glasses.

"Mr. Daein!" Her voice boomed, "Please come up here and read for Romeo!" She shooed away the other male up on stage, "People...please...we need to remember that I'm looking for talent! Not for people to just stand here and make themselves look like idiots!" She was a very blunt woman, not much went on that she didn't have a comment about. She felt a tad bad for the boy, and she nodded at him, "Maybe...a non speaking role?" When she noticed that Soren was still not on the stage, her face almost turned red. "Mr. Daein! I am not waiting here all day! The theater waits for no one!" Coach looked backstage at the people painting sets. "And get those MEpods or whatever the devil it is you call those things out of your ears! This isn't music hour!" Megyn closed her eyes, and smiled a little. Oh how she loved her theater.
Megyn Hazlett
Megyn Hazlett

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Sunset Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:17 am

Dani giggled sometimes Coach could be so funny even if it was scary for the actors. She smiled still leaning over the bar and looked down onto the stage, her heart longed to be down there but her head was willing her to stay on the catwalk until Seth left. She frowned and walked over to where the stairs were. She'd have to pass him to get on stage but she really wanted to be down there today instead of in the clouds.

So leaving her bag she slowly decended the stairs. On the way down she pulled her hair into a messy bun and straighted her camo jacket that she'd gotten at a Thrift store over the summer. She put on a smile and walked by the prop room willing herself to ingore Seth's ever hateful gaze.

She leaned against the wall that was half hidden but the curtains, she was visable to only the people on stage and not the hopeful newbies in the autitorium. She watched as 'Juliet' recited her lines and then waited for Soren to come out onto the stage, pulling those Nasty "MEpods" out of his ears. She knew the next lines that he would have to say. As last years Creative Writing assignment had been to become obsessed with something, if fact that is what had drawn her to the Theater, She had chosen Shakespears plays and memorized them, Romeo and Juliet took second on her favorite play he'd writen but Hamlet took number one. She loved the inner emotions that Hamlet brought to the stage, the ghost and his twisted fate.

Sighing softly to herself she let her mind wander to the next lines Soren would have to say muttering them to herself in perfect time.

"She speaks:
O, speak again, bright angel! for thou art
As glorious to this night, being o'er my head
As is a winged messenger of heaven
Unto the white-upturned wondering eyes
Of mortals that fall back to gaze on him
When he bestrides the lazy-pacing clouds
And sails upon the bosom of the air"

The baclony scene which was most famous scene of Shakespears work, was one of her favorite scenes as well, excluding the final scene where both Juliet and Romeo die for love of each other.
Dani Sunset
Dani Sunset

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:36 am

She nearly jumped about half her height when Coach had yelled that she needed someone who wasn't scared to read. She put her script down and folded her arms, waiting to start again. Before he left the stage, she smiled at the boy and whispered. "You need to build up your confidence. Trust me on this. If you're confident, the lines always come out better. So...practice a lot!" She had spoken the advice kindly, and he seemed a bit better as he walked off the stage...that is until Coach recommended he try out for a non-speaking role. Ouch, that must hurt. Although she was smiling slightly, Melinda shook her head thought that she was being too hard on the boy. Well, Coach was hard on everyone. But in his case, it was only his third year in the Drama Club, and he apparently still wasn't used to scenes with romantic opposites. For some reasons, guys always took longer to adjust to this than girls.

She had been preoccupied, and not noticed the first time Coach had called Soren's name. She had certainly noticed the second time though. Her eyes widened at first, but her smile was soon back in place. She and Soren were friends, so it wouldn't be too bad. But he did seem to be taking his time getting onstage, wherever he was. Was he even there? Giggling, Melinda called out, "Soren! If you're here...come up onstage so we can get this over with! Or do I scare you as well?" Somewhere offstage, the ex-Romeo's face colored slightly.
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Berkley Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:54 am

Liz slipped backstage, hopefully unnoticed. She was late to drama yet AGAIN...but nobody here really cared, as long as you weren't needed onstage. And, though she loved to act, Liz wasn't planning on auditioning for an actual role in for the Fall play- it took too much away from Quidditch and besides, there weren't many strong women roles in Romeo and Juliet...unless you wanted Juliet. And some rather...interesting English classes in her 4th grade class had scared her away from ever trying for Juliet. EVER. Besides...there was definitely something to be said for stage management...

Chuckling to herself slightly, Liz made her way through the crowded backstage area- luckily, her eyes had more or less adjusted from the brightly lit hallway to the darkness which encompassed everyone. She found her usual spot, where she was just hidden from view and sat down next to a girl with black and blonde hair...Dani, maybe? Yes...that was it.

"Hello Dani!" she said softly, hoping not to startle the poor girl
Elizabeth Berkley
Elizabeth Berkley

Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiden Preston Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:12 am

Kaiden walked into the theater...late as always. He didn't even want to be there. Well, he did, but would never admit that to anyone. Last year Professor McLaughlin told him that he would have to join the drama club as his punishment. His first day there, Professor Hazlett, Coach, didn't even know he was there. That went on for about three or four months. Then one day she had walked by him and asked, "Who are you?" he had muttered his name, and she nodded. She then would ask him to do random tasks for her. He didn't mind this, because it was normally things that made him stronger. Like lifting sets, or moving really heavy objects. He was now the assistant stage manager. He looked ariund for Liz. He didn't see her anywhere.

He did noticed that Coach was yelling at some poor boy. He chuckled, and smiled. He was glad it wasn't him. Coach had asked him to try out in the musical...but he of course said no. He wouldn't be caught dead singing infront of poeple. Well, not yet, anyways. He watched Melinda. She looked like she was having a lot of fun. She was reading for Juilet. Kaiden knew that she would get her. It was the same damn thing every year. Melinda got the lead role in this play, and Hayden got the lead role in the muisical. He wondered what kind of sets the musical would need this year. He looked for Liz again. Where was she? He wanted to know what the hell he had to do. He didn't dare ask coach.

His hazel eyes looked over to the side of the stage. He saw Hayden Rose humming to herself. He noticed the song she was humming right away. It was, "Go into your dance" from 42nd Street. She was Peggie last year, and did a very...good job. He looked back to Melinda. She too did an outstanding job in the play last year.

"Liz?" He called out, and looked for her for a third time. "Liz...where are you?"
Kaiden Preston
Kaiden Preston

Female
Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Berkley Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:51 am

Liz's head popped up as she heard someone call her name and she turned to find the source of the noise. Catching sight of Kaiden, her assistent stage manager, she couldn't help but roll her eyes and chuckle. He was late again, of course, but it wasn't like she was going to report him to coach- first of all, it seemed a bit hypocritical, seeing as how she had been late herself, and second of all...it was too early in the season to start crashing down on people, especially when they weren't really needed here until a few days before the show. Honestly, she had a hard enough time finding things to do herself at this stage in the game, let alone finding things for each and every stagehand to do. Most of them, particularly the first years, seemed to rely on her (and Kaiden as well) to keep them entertained and productive during every second of the drama rehersals. Last year, it'd gotten to a point where Liz would send them on pointless missions that they'd never be able to accomplish- her personal favorite was telling a boy named Ivan, who had been a rather scrawny first year at the time, that it was absolutely essencial to the play that he retrived the "left handed smoke stopper" from lighting. He'd wandered around for the entire rehersal- three hours- searching for it.

Laughing quietly at the memory, she turned around to face Kaiden and called out softly, so that people onstage wouldn't hear, "I'm right here Kaiden. What's up?"
Elizabeth Berkley
Elizabeth Berkley

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:30 am

Soren apparently was taking forever to find his way to the stage. Whether this was intentional or not, Melinda didn't know. Soren was a bit of a shy guy, so maybe he was a bit too nervous to read in front of anyone. And there was the growing popular opinion that she cared people. So, to amuse herself, she reached down and picked up her script again to read one of her favourite set of lines that Juliet had to say. She sought Hayden's eye as she flipped through the pages looking for what she wanted. It was also one of the most famous, so she had pretty much knew the gist of it for most of her life. Once she found it, she smiled and stuck her tongue out at Hayden, as if to say 'watch this' and read it dramatically, in a way that would probably make Coach think that her acting ability had completely flown out of her body, and thus give Coach a heart attack:

"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my--KAIDEN!" she ended with a frustrated yell, looking around for the source of his loud voice. Right in the middle of her overly dramatized reading, she had heard him shout for Liz, the stage manager. His familiar voice had startled her, and caused her to drop her script, and jump a little. Maybe even more than a little. She glared backstage, hoping it was his general direction, mumbling to herself about overly loud jerks. "Sorry Coach." she added. I can't believe he made me mess up...stupid jerk...
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Soren Daein Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:37 am

Soren had been quite distracted and dazed simply talking to Seth, but he drifted off into day dreams, not even hearing the people around him. He finally snapped back into reality and saw the Drama Coach glaring over at him. He jumped and got his script out from his pocket, not glancing at anyone else in the room, just focusing on getting to the stage. He ran as fast as he possibly could, ignoring Kaiden despite his supreme distaste for that boy. He jumped infront of the coach and shook his hand nonchalantly shaking his head. "S-sorry, Coach! I found myself off in my own little world, really I am...what did you want me to do? Read for Romeo?" he then glanced at Melinda and smiled sweetly, "Of course you don't scare me, Miss Melinda."

He glanced at Melinda, having hear her last line. "Don't worry about it, Miss Hazlett, I figured out where we were." he stepped aside and bit, and put on a slight accent then spoke the lines, "Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?" he wasn't bothering with actions yet, so he stared at Melinda with a smile, waiting for her to speak. Drama was fun, even if he had a slight bit of stage fright, it was always worse -before- you were actually up there on the night of the play...but today wasn't the night of the play so naturally his cheeks were extremely rosy.

However, even with all the techie's and other people make plenty of noise he found it very easy to blur out and only focus on the script and Melinda. He glanced at the teacher once and furrowed his brows slightly, looking back at Melinda. He was able to blur everyone out except Kaiden. He scowled, he seemed Melinda was distracted by him too. Who could blame them? He was obnoxious.
Soren Daein
Soren Daein

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Megyn Hazlett Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:02 am

Miss Megyn Hazlett had heard Kaiden Preston walk in, and make a ton of noise. Yelling and such. It was bad enough he was late...but to make hell for everyone else, she thought not."Mr. Preston!" Coach screamed, "If you don't keep it down I will have no choice but to send you down to the Headmistress and I heard you already had a trip down there this week! Please do us all a bloody favor and shut that mouth of yours!" Megyn looked at Soren and Melinda and gave Soren a little frown at first.

"If I said it once, I've said in a zillion times! The thearter waits for no one and that means that you too." She then shook her head, and walked over to her little table. She flicked on the light, and sat down. She pulled out her copy of the play, and flipped to the end. She looked up at Soren and Melinda, and smiled a little bit more. "Miss Rose! Get over here I need your help with something!" Megyn was really in no mood to wait for people. She saw Hayden get up, and walk over to her. Well, she didn't walk, more of less skipped. She was still humming, and had those damn...oh what are they called? She swore it was called a MEpod...but she wasn't sure.

"Hayden Rose get those damn things out of your ears! I need you to tell me how they do with this next bit." Hayen sat down next to Megyn, and looked at the part Megyn wanted them to read.
"Oh Coach..." Hayden muttered, but Megyn shook her head. "Hayden, my dear, just tell me how they do!" Coach looked up on the stage.

"Hayes! Daein! Do the part where Juliet kills herself! I want to see ALL the actions, Miss Hayes. Do not disapoint me or I will have someone else read for her!" Hayden's face was now deep red. She was going to have watch her best friend kiss Soren...and then tell Coach how they did? Oh...this was going to be fun.

((I am also Hayden on this site....so that's why I'm roleplaying her and Coach.))
Megyn Hazlett
Megyn Hazlett

Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Sunset Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:02 pm

Dani was distracted slightly by Liz appearing right over her shoulder, she smiled at the Burnstrike girl that she'd met as an off chance in a unused classroom. "Hey Liz," she said looking at her. Before that undeniably hott guy showed up again, she'd learned his name only recently but now she knew. Kaidien Preston, he was quiet a disgrace to the techies and Dani secretly held a grudge against him for taking the assistant mangager postion that she wanted, though the grudge had softened slightly by his increadible cutie points.

She waved to him in a 'I-don't-really-know-you-but-you-know-my-friend-does kind of wave. She let her gaze drift back over to the scene was playing out Coach who must've become bored with the lack of spirit and emotion in the baclony scene had switched it to the scene where Romeo and Juliet kill themselves, Dani's hopes rose only slightly when Coach said that if Melinda did a 'Bad' job that she might have someone else read it. But then again she was having Hayden examine the scene and seeing that Melinda and She were so close she'd never make a bad comment on her.

Though every instinct in her body screamed for Dani to run onto the stage and play the part she fought herself like she were playing tug-a-war in her mind. She turned her back on the stage and facing Liz and Kaiden she smiled and asked in a soft voice that was sure not to carry to where Coach was sitting. "How are you guys?"
Dani Sunset
Dani Sunset

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:29 am

She smiled, forgetting Kaiden for a moment, as Soren came up onstage. At last, they would get a chance to read the darned script so Coach could take a chill pill and say that at least one scene had been read. It would be a rather poor practice audition indeed if that didn't happen. "Well, I'm glad I don't scare you, Soren. You seem to be one of the brave few" she chuckled, looking back to her script as she prepared to get into character some more.

When Soren put on an accent to do his lines, she decided she might as well do that too. He seemed a bit nervous and less focused...however, she was too. After all, Kaiden had walked in rather loudly and everyone still seemed to be adjusting to the ripple of noise, confusion, and general mess that he had caused. When it was time for her to speak, the words were stopped from her mouth by Coach yelling at Kaiden. Not that she minded it when anyone yelled at him, it just miffed her a little for the yelling to be right before it was time for her line. She lowered her script, and watched Hayden dance-yes, practically dance-up to Coach's table. I wonder what she's gonna have her do... Melinda wondered, furrowing her eyebrows as she tried to figure it out. Hmm? Grading the next part...oh no, Hayden'll either say I did really well or awfully, depending on if she's in a joking mood or not. She was more than mildly surprised that Coach was having her read the very last part that Juliet ever speaks-her monologue, and then death...with kissing "Romeo"-in this case, Soren, in between.

Even she, who had done more than one romantic scene before, found her cheeks warming up. Soren was a fairly good friend of hers...and about an inch shorter. Oh well, suck it up Melinda, if you want Juliet, you can do this. She straightened up when Coach threatened to have someone else read it if she did a poor job at it. Turning back to Soren, her smile now somewhat apologetic, she said, "Well...you'll have to lie down on the ground, I guess. She wants all of the actions..." she looked away quickly, and then back, "Do I still not scare you?" her smile began a little less apologetic, and a little more joking.
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Soren Daein Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:16 am

"Well, I'm glad I don't scare you, Soren. You seem to be one of the brave few" she gave a little chuckle which he followed. Him? Brave. Pshaw! How could anyone be scared of Melinda? She was a sweetie. He smiled softly at her and then spoke, "Brave? I hope you don't take this offensively, Miss Melinda; but I hardly find you frightening." he had hoped that had come across as a compliment. Soren personally would not want to be thought of as scary, but who knows...kids these days were pretty bizarre.

Melinda looked ready to do her lines until the professor started yelling at Kaiden, interrupted Melinda. She looked the slightest bit peeved, but let it go as the coach called Hayden over, Miss Hayden was to grade their performance...He found his cheeks become a little warm at that. He noted mentally that this was just practice, it's not like they were -actually- performing for a crowd. Besides, everyone had to act in Drama, so it was nothing to get nervous about. He gave Hayden a little wave and nodded along to what the Drama teacher said, not really listening -that- well. Something about the kissing scene with...actions?! That got his attention alright. He snapped back into it by shaking his head out of the daze and flushed very dark. He had to kiss...Melinda? Well, at least he wasn't attracted to her in any romantic way, that would be...embarrassing.

"Well...you'll have to lie down on the ground, I guess. She wants all of the actions..."
Melinda looked away quickly and then back at him, "Do I still not scare you?" her previously apologetic smile became more jokeish and he laughed nervously, shaking his hand. "Yes Miss Melinda, I can barely speak because of fear." he gave her a little wink and spoke with playful sarcasm. He sighed and pulled up a bench then layed down on it.

"It's just acting...and besides, people in France kiss one another to show friendship." he reminded both himself and her, ever the optimist at the proper time and mood. He did give the slightest glance over at Seth, almost wishing -he- was Juliet. He chased that thought away. Now was not the time to be thinking about crushes! He stared up at Melinda. "Anytime you're ready." he muttered, and then closed is eyes, and let his arms and legs fall limp to imitate death.
Soren Daein
Soren Daein

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:43 am

The brunette smiled at Soren as he told her that he could barely speak for fear...and besides, in France people kiss each other for friendship. That's all they were doing, then. Being french. She took a deep breath, and leaned against the bench Soren was laying on, because Juliet was supposed to have just awakened from her 'death sleep'. She looks around, dazedly, and pauses, as if she sees 'Friar Lawrence', she looks from Romeo, to 'Friar', looking heartbroken, a single tear trailing its way down her face. Shakily, she wiped it away.

"Go, get thee hence, for I will not away." she pointed back to stage right, and then slowly turned back to 'Romeo', and takes something from his left hand. "What's here?" she peers closer at his the thing she 'holds' "a cup, closed in my true love's hand?" she looks inside of it, and then back at Soren's motionless body. "Poison, I see, hath been his timeless end!" Desperately, she raises the 'glass' to her lips and tips her head back, as if to drain the last drops of it. With a frustrated, dry, cry, she drops the cup into her lap. "O churl! drunk all, and left no friendly drop
To help me after?" As if something dawns on her, she looks over to "Romeo" once more. Pulling herself up onto her knees, she grasps his right hand to her heart, and looks down at his still, pale, face. "I will kiss thy lips; haply some poison yet doth hang on them, to make die with a restorative,"

As if steeling herself-which, she was-Melinda paused, and then, closing her eyes, lowered her head down, and kissed Soren. After a moment, with her eyes still closed, she lifts her head up. There, got that done with. The rest of this should be a piece of cake. Slowly, she gazes up towards the ceiling, and opens her eyes, from which a few more tears spill, lightly touching her lips, as she murmurs in surprise and sadness, "Thy lips are warm." Mournfully, she looks back down at "Romeo" and rests her head on his chest.

Melinda then starts, and turns, because this is the part where a man approaches. "Yea, noise?" she looks back down at Romeo, and nods slowly, understanding what she must do now. She wipes her eyes quickly, "Then I'll be brief." she pretends to take a small dagger from Soren's belt, "O happy dagger," she raises it slightly above her head, so that her eye is level with her wrist. "This is thy sheath," in one, quick, fluid motion, Melinda stabs herself just under about where her sternum is. For dramatic effect, she flutters her eyelids, and whispers, "there rust, and let me die." Her eyes roll upwards, exposing the whites, and she falls forward onto Soren's body. She made sure not to fall too much like dead weight...she'd put him through enough already.

After a moment, Melinda opens one eye, and asked, "Can I get up now?"

((Present Tense is most likely acting bits Razz))
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayden Rose Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:08 am

Hayden was wondering why she had to be the judge of their kissing bit. Was it because Coach had never had a real kiss and wanted to know if it was good or not? This made Hayden giggle, and she saw Coach glare at her, and look back down at her lost of members. While looking down, Coach pointed up to the stage, as if to tell Hayden to watch like that was why she was put on this earth. Getting comfortable, Hayden watched Melinda get ready. She really hoped that she got Juliet. She was perfect for the role. She couldn't think of anyone better. She didn't think Coach could, either.

Hayden watched in awe as Soren and Melinda almost became Romeo and Juliet. It was shocking. Melinda just read the lines like she spoke them every day of her life. They just flowed, and sounded amazing. She glaced over at Coach, who had her eyes closed. This wasn't anything new, that's what Coach did when she was trying to see things...without really seeing them. Hayden turned her attention back to Melinda and Soren. Soren Died so amazingly, it was hard to tell that he was only acting! She quickly looked around to see Liz, Kaiden, and Dani talking. That kind of bothered her. The techie's should stay quiet when people are reading.

Hayden gasped when Melinda kissed Soren, then killed herself with a dagger. It was so...perfect. Melinda was Juliet right now. She had to see if Coach was watching this. She was, and this made Hayden smile.

"That was awesome, Mellie!" Hayden said, and started clapping. Her clapping got Coach clapping. "Good job too, Soren! You guys did amazingly!" Hayden giggled, and sat back down. She was so proud of how well her friends were doing.
Hayden Rose
Hayden Rose

Female
Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: