Hysteria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just flying before Quidditch Season Startss

3 posters

Go down

Just flying before Quidditch Season Startss Empty Just flying before Quidditch Season Startss

Post  Kaiya Silvertounge Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:24 am

Date, Time: September 15th 1:00pm

Kaiya had a passion for flying on a broom.

Kaiya looked around and felt like she was finally back after being back at school for a few days. Everything looked so familiar, the six golden hoops perfectly distanced, the stands usually full of school students cheering for the teams. She loved being on the house team, being part of something bigger, it was worth it every time. Kaiya remembered when she first discovered flying, when she overheard it from her father.
"Wait! Witches can really fly" Kaiya said astonished at what her father was saying. Her father was startled by the young Kaiya hiding in the corner. He took her up into his lap and told her all about how he used to love flying and it was his life long dream to become a quidditch player. Kaiya immediatly asked to be taken out to fly. He laughed cheerfully with her, and said in a few years Kaiya in a few years, but it never came. Kaiya could almost feel a tear forming behind her eyes. She took a black elastic off of her wrist and pulled her hair into a loose bun, and set off into the air. All her cares went away.
Kaiya Silvertounge
Kaiya Silvertounge

Female
Number of posts : 32
Year : 7th
House : Willowbramble
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Just flying before Quidditch Season Startss Empty Re: Just flying before Quidditch Season Startss

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:42 am

Melinda walked out onto the pitch, deciding that she'd get in some extra flying hours before the season started. After all, it would do her no good at all if she was molasses on a broom. She swung her leg over the broom, and looked up into the sky. It seemed as though she was not the only one who enjoyed a good practice flight. There was a dark haired girl flying around as well. The sky is certainly big enough for the two of us. She reasoned. I'll just let her alone for a while, she seems a bit distracted, and I've already got one person to harass this year. she chuckled a little as she thought of poor Henry. He definitely had no idea what their chance meeting outside the woods was going to lead to.

She kicked off, and smiled as the wind whipped back her long brown hair. The other girl had tied hers back into a messy bun, but she loved it when the air tangled her locks into a horribly rats' nest that she had to spend an hour or more combing out. It was a bit of a chore, yes, but it was worth it. You couldn't get the same feeling with your hair tied back that you did with it flying like a curtain behind you as you loop-di-looped and twirled in mid air.
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female
Number of posts : 76
Year : 6th
House : Brightstar
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Back to top Go down

Just flying before Quidditch Season Startss Empty Re: Just flying before Quidditch Season Startss

Post  Daniel Scott Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:20 am

Daniel was so excited to be going to the quidditch pitch this afternoon, his heart was almost bursting with pleasure. He hadn't paid attention in DADA today with anticipation. Running down the corridors and up stone stairs he reached the Wyrfeather common room, he waved to a few boys that were in there but didn't invite them to come along. The first flight of the season should always be enjoyied alone. With his touch on the broom he could almost feel it quiver in anxiousness to be flying along side it's master.

Running down the stairs two at a time, he made it on the pitch in less than five minutes. He didn't take into account of his surroundings but kicked off on his broom after his second step on the pitch. He thought is was ridiculous that he had to wait until they were inside the pitch before they could start flying but the normal daily worries that plauged his mind were gone in the rush the wind had brought to his face.

Leaning down close of to his Nimbus 2000, he did a few twists and then righted himself. It seemed that all the pressure the first week of school had brought him had faded within those few seconds his feet hadn't been on the ground.

Taking a deep breath he survayed his surroundings and saw two very pretty girls. Melinda who he knew to be in seventh year and Kaiya Silvertounge who might also be in the same grade.

He put on a savy smile and flew over to Melinda, "Hey," he said in a sweet tone of voice, running his fingers through his hair.
Daniel Scott
Daniel Scott

Female
Number of posts : 15
Location : "I was heading down to Spring Street with a suitcase in my hand Filled with love and life and grand
Year : sixth
House : Wyrfeather
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiya Silvertounge Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:07 am

Kaiya hadn't noticed Melinda or Daniel come into the quidditch pitch for she was to busy thinking about well honestly the quidditch season to start. She loved the excitment and hanging out with everyone, she always felt she lost all her friends after the season ended. The end of the season led to the end of the year where all her older friends would gradute. One of her favorite pass times was drawing the quidditch players when it wasn't her game. Kaiya flew around a bit more and decided it was time to be social, being lonely wasn't exactly fun.
"Hey, it's Melinda right?, and Daniel?" Kaiya asked feeling sort of bad that she wasn't exactly sure of their names as she was usually in her own world.
Kaiya Silvertounge
Kaiya Silvertounge

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:27 am

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed someone else join her and the other girl on the pitch. If any more people joined them it was going to be rather crowded. It seems as though everyone is getting in a bit of early flying before the season starts...just mean Brightstar will have to amp up it's game! Nothing's going to keep us from the Cup this year. She thought with a grin, already plotting out new moves to pass on to this year's team Captain. Usually, she knew before hand who was what, considering how she lived with the Headmistress, but this year had been a busy one for Melinda, so she hadn't been home during the doling out of school jobs. Circling around the pitch, she got a better look at the girl who was up there flying with her. She smiled as she recognized Kaiya, one of Willowbramble's beaters who was a year ahead of her. If Melinda could remember correctly, Kaiya was a rather quiet girl who made up for not talking a lot by having great aim during the matches. She often gave her quite a hard time when it came to trying to score with the Quaffle.

Turning around, she found herself face to face with Daniel Scott, one of Wyrfeather's Quidditch team members. She smiled as sweetly at him as he had greeted her, and replied. "Hello Daniel. Long time no see, how are you today?" While she was talking, Kaiya had flown over to them. "Yes, my name's Melinda." she gave Kaiya a smile of her own, "And yours is Kaiya." she said this last bit confidently, Melinda knew who was who at Phoenixsong. Looking between the two of them, she chuckled. "Seems like we all had the same idea, huh?"
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Scott Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:46 am

Daniel laughed at the sixth year's voice, he smiled when she smiled, she had beautiful smile. He nodded when he first flew over to her and was about to make conversation when Kayia joined them in the air.

"I'm good, you?" he said to the pretty Brightstar. He loved the way she shone with confidence and mild surpirse when Kayia joined them, she wasn't afraid of older people.

"Yes, I'm Daniel." He said looking at the equally pretty WillowBramble beater. He chuckled softly, "yeah I guess so."

Thoughts were running through his mind as he talked to the two girls, feeling happy that he hadn't invited any of his friends to come and join him. Running his fingers through his thick dark hair once more he began to speak. "So who's Captian for Brightstar and Willowbramble this year?"

He waited polietly for each of them to respond before he began talking again...
Daniel Scott
Daniel Scott

Female
Location : "I was heading down to Spring Street with a suitcase in my hand Filled with love and life and grand

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiya Silvertounge Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:13 am

Kaiya smiled a half smile wondering if she should have just stuck to flying around, she was used to being quiet.

"Well i'm not sure who is captain this year for willowbramble, but it is my hope that I get to be captain next year." Kaiya thought of what an honor that would be, thoughts of her father flooded her head as she pushed them aside. Kaiya looked up at the sky which was still a bright blue. She wasn't sure what else to say to the two of them, Kaiya felt a little out of place, they seemed to be good friends. Not wanting to waste her time outside, she flew off for a moment to do a quick spin in the air, and then returned.

"Well... What kind of classes are you guys taking this year?" Kaiya said softly her dark purple eyes glancing up looking toward them.
Kaiya Silvertounge
Kaiya Silvertounge

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:14 am

When Daniel had asked her who was Captain for Brightstar, she had almost replied 'Well, same as last year!' but then she recalled that she had graduated, same as, it would seem, Kaiya's house's Captain had. She had completely forgotten that this year she wouldn't be yelled at to stop chatting with Hayden by Rebecca Thomas. In spite of this less than pleasant memory, a pang of slight sadness struck her as she thought of the now ex-Captain. She would actually really miss her. No one could yell like Becca. Oh well. Just move on, it happens. She wondered who would get it this year. She didn't particularly care, being 'Captain' seemed like a lot of work, and Drama club tended to require just that-work. And not that she didn't love Quidditch as much as Drama, she just figured having Coach depending on her as well as an entire team might restrict her out of school activities. And she doubted that Hayden would try for it either. But it would be funny watching Hayden to try and run practices. She smiled as she thought of it. They would mostly focus on yelling at 'newbies' who didn't know how to do this or that. "Well, no one yet. Our last Captain just graduated-her name was Rebecca Thomas. I think that the people who want it will have to prove they can handle it to our Head of House, Ja--I mean, Professor McLaughlin." Woops, almost slipped there. I'm not supposed to call Jayne 'Jayne' during school.

She watched Kaiya fly off for a moment, and almost followed her-but as soon as Kaiya had left, she had come back, asking what classes they took. It seems like a bit of a random question, and threw Melinda off slightly. But she soon recovered. "Um...all the required ones of course. And drama, that one's like my favorite," she grinned. "And Alchemy. That's it. Are the seventh year classes fun? I can't wait to be able to take them-especially the Mythology one. Myths are so interesting! I used to love reading about them when I was little...come to think of it, I still do." she giggled.
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Scott Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:42 pm

Dan smiled and laughed, these girls, though Melinda was kinda spacial were kinda funny and
-very- cute. He ran his fingers through his hair and listened polietly to both her and Kayia the question she asked he pondered for a second wondering if he should mention that he was taking Mythology on special permission from Headmistress Hayes but he decided that he shouldn't seeing as Melinda was the Headmistress' daughter.

So after listening to her comments he said, "Well I've got pretty much all the basic ones and I'm also taking Creative writing." He blushed when he said it, not nessicarily proud of the fact that he was taking that class. His stupid teenage boy mind had signed him up for it when he heard that the quiet but attractive Dani Sunset was taking it, he had to take the class as well.

He sighed softly and looked at Kayia, he like the way her hair floated in the breeze, how it hovered softly in places then slowly came down. He put on his dreamy concentrated smile and without thinking made to put his arm on an invisable table but fell right out of the sky. Panic rushed through his veins in the split second when he was airborne before he remembered he was a wizard. Lunging his arm out as if he practiced this manuver daily he grabbed his broom and hung on. The jerk the fall caused on his arm made pain shoot though the limb, though he brushed it away and swung himself over the wooden frame and sat still smiling at the two very pretty girls he was lucky enough to share the sky with.
Daniel Scott
Daniel Scott

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiya Silvertounge Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:54 am

Kaiya couldn't help but laugh a little as she saw the painful look appear on Daniel's face for a moment. "Are you ok?" Kaiya said thinking that he would probably put on a tough guy face as all guys did. She then turned to Melinda's classes

"Mythology, i wish i took that class but my parents... parent wouldn't have really wanted me to on top of all the drawing that i do." At the mention of her parents well parent really Kaiya grew a little uncomfortable and decided to do what she came out here to do. Fly! She didn't want for the conversation to drag on and get old so she smiled at them and began flying. She then had to smile as she beconed them forward.

"How about a race?" Kaiya smiled and said "two laps from one goal post to the other, flips required to turn around." Kaiya then flew off to one goal post to wait.
Kaiya Silvertounge
Kaiya Silvertounge

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda B. Hayes Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:16 am

The brunette covered her mouth to stifle a giggle after Daniel appeared to lose his balance and then desperately try to regain his 'cool' composure once again. Glancing at Kaiya, who had laughed a little as well, she winked so that Daniel would not see, as if to say See how crazy we make him? "I think just his pride is a little injured."

Melinda looked more closely at Kaiya as she stumbled over the word 'parents' and then corrected herself by instead saying 'parent'. One of her parents must not be around anymore... she thought, feeling a bit of pity for the Willowbramble girl. Deciding to stick with the drawing topic, she commented with another smile, "I've heard that you're really good, so I'm sure that it all pays off in the end." Confused when Kaiya beckoned her, she cocked her head to one side, wondering what was going on. Her smile broke out into a grin at the proposal of a race.

"You're on!" she flew after Kaiya, laughing, "You two seventh years are gonna be so embarassed to get beaten by a sixth year."
Melinda B. Hayes
Melinda B. Hayes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Scott Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:37 am

Daniel's blush infected his whole face but he quickly shook it off, where was his cool going he wasn't being the usual cool savy guy he was. Shrugging it off as an effect of lack of flying he smiled at Melinda's comment and made a small sarcastic joke, "Oh how'd you guess?"

He muttered a barely audiable 'I'msorry' when she said "parent" He knew what it was like to lose someone he loved. Though she didn't get worked up over it like he did when he thought of his mother. Smiling once more Dan's eyes brightened at the thought of a race.

He shot over to were Kaiya was waiting after zooming there herself, he hovered there with Melinda and Kaiya. "Well lets see what you two girls got, on the count of three then?" He said preparing to lean over his broom and take off. It wasn't the fastest model around but it wasn't extreamly old. He glanced at his competitions brooms seeing what they're models were but he couldn't see them quiet well.
Daniel Scott
Daniel Scott

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiya Silvertounge Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:30 am

"onee twooo threee" Kaiya said as she zoomed off to the goal post on the opposite end of the field. She loved flying so much and this was like the epitome. Speed was definetly the best part. She looked to her side to find both of her competitors on either side of her.

They're good, she thought to herself, had it been some other newbies she would have already won. She laughed as regained concentration and continued to speed across the field. When she got to the other end she pulled a quick flip turn around and started heading back.
Kaiya Silvertounge
Kaiya Silvertounge

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum