Hysteria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Looking in the Poetry section

3 posters

Go down

Just Looking in the Poetry section Empty Just Looking in the Poetry section

Post  Dani Sunset Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:26 am

Time and Date:4:30...10/8/07
Private/Open:Open

Dani strode into the Library, her satuary, her ease, her home. In the school that had made evading her father easier the Library had been her constant companion, helping her through thick and thin. She smiled at the Librarian and made her way to the back to the room.

She looked at the stone wall and smiled feeling the same feelings she had years before when she had first discovered the poetry section, there were few books back here and Dani had check most of them out, mermorized most every poem, but still she found comfort in each book on the small shelve. Every poem that was familar felt like a little wave and everytime the Burnstrike girl had read them they always brought a smile to her face.

Now however the poetry shelve was like the old doll that you used to love and now seemed so childish, Dani knew she shouldn't be feeling this way about the books that were like friends to her, but she couldn't help the way she felt. Sighing she pulled out the leather bond book that was her own holder of rhymes, and keeper of her thoughts.

The book was worn but that didn't matter the Dani, she just smiled once more and leaned against the stone wall and began to write.

Last edited by on Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Dani Sunset
Dani Sunset

Female
Number of posts : 54
Year : 6th
House : Burnstrike
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Back to top Go down

Just Looking in the Poetry section Empty Re: Just Looking in the Poetry section

Post  Soren Daein Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:41 am

//OOC: Don't forget to set the timeframe,
Private/Open:

Please edit your first post and include that at the top.\\

A short, black haired boy found himself wandering into the library. Why not? The library was a great place to study, because it was quiet, and also, a great place to find books. He wanted to sit down at one of the desks and read a manga that he had recently bought of Amazon, but he had to work on some Creative Writing, so he figured going into the Poetry Section would him him a great idea. He had to include two Poetry Elements in his paragraph, a simile and a metaphor. Those weren't hard to make up at all, but to make them flow with the rest of the story...well, he wasn't very creative today, so he needed inspiration.

He nodded to the Librarian, and flashed them his sweetest smile before proceeding to the Poetry section. He noticed another girl there, he didn't know much about her, she was a Burnstrike and her name was Dani. That was about it, if he remembered correctly, she was a bad kid that he wouldn't want to get involved with. He wasn't sure on that though, so he figured he'd be friendly.

He walked up to her, standing at least three feet away, and whispered in his softest, sweetest and quietest voice, "I'm sorry to disturb you...but, I don't believe we've properly met, Dani, is it?" he smiled cutely, blushing ever so slightly as usual. He brushed his bangs out of his left blueish green eye, and then glanced at what she was doing, writing. He probably shouldn't of bothered her. Oh well, too late now. While he adjusted his head slightly to peer at what she was doing, he felt the hair fall back infront of his face. He rolled his eyes and ignored it, simply starting, awaiting a reply.
Soren Daein
Soren Daein

Female
Number of posts : 52
Year : Sixth
House : Wryfeather
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Sunset Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:49 am

Dani looked up startled by the sound of a voice, "I'm sorry to disturb you...but, I don't believe we've properly met, Dani, is it?" . She looked up, quiet suprised that he was talking to her, seeing as most people steered out of her way when the saw her coming she was a 'bad kid' as they liked to say.

"Yes my name is Dani," She said her suprise giving her husky voice a sweet and mild tone that she rarely used. She looked the boy up and down he was quiet cute and had a nice smile, his piercings were quiet nice and sort of 'bad boyish'. She smiled and dog eared the page she'd been writing on before shutting the book and standing up.

She held out her hand, "And we haven't properly met, I believe you're Soren Daein...we have Creative Writing together." Standing they were about the same height, Dani was a slight bit taller but she wasn't towering over him.
Dani Sunset
Dani Sunset

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Soren Daein Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:45 am

He giggled at her tone of voice, it wasn't supposed to come out as a giggle, but it did. He blinked at her as she closed the book and then looked quite shock, and very apologetic, he then spoke in still a hushed voice, but a little louder than a whisper. "Oh, no no! Please, don't let me distract you from your writing...I didn't mean to...bother you?" He made a facial expression that was a cross of a cute pout and a frown. He hated when people bothered him when he was working on someone, so he was being a hypocrite now...

He eyed the hand she held out, and didn't touch it, instead, he gave her a friendly hug. "That's right, I'm Soren. Pleased to meet you." he let her go and stepped back, blushing a bit but not looking the slightest bit regretful. He smiled cutely and then giggled again. "Your writing is great, I have to say, I'm jealous, Miss Dani." he said calmly, fidgeting his fingers a bit and looking down slightly at his checkerboard black and white converse flats.

He eyed her oddly, examining her choice of clothing, he didn't really care about peoples appearances, but he looked at the leather collar she wore and wondered to himself why she would wear that. It made people think she was one of those alcoholic kids who did drugs all day. He shrugged, not really caring that she saw, he was always thinking to himself, and sometimes talking to himself, with actions and everything.

Last edited by on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Soren Daein
Soren Daein

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Sunset Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:57 am

"Oh, no no! Please, don't let me distract you from your writing...I didn't mean to...bother you?" at these words Dani laughed, and shook her head. "Oh you didn't bother me, kinda shocked me but never bother me." She blushed when he hugged her and she smelt something sweet in his hair and on his person. She let a smile grace her face, and put down her book.

"You're writing is great, I have to say, I'm jealous, Miss Dani" He said.

"Really?" She said and looked up into his eyes, that was the first time anyone had ever said that about her poems. They were open and raw it was true, but in expressing herself she knew more about the person she really was. She followed his gaze to his shoes and she nearly shrieked, "Oh my god, I love your shoes!"

Her hand jumped to her necklace as she said this, it wasn't a bad habit but on occasion her hand found it's way to the black leather choker. She laughed as he shrugged, "Thinking to yourself can cause people to ask questions," she said pointedly.
Dani Sunset
Dani Sunset

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Soren Daein Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:31 am

He let out a sigh of relief and smiled and the nodded, brushing a tiny hand into his hair and leaving it there. "Well, that's good to know..." he frowned and looked down again in a moment of the thought, then looked back up, the constant entrancing smile never leaving his face when looking at someone in the eyes. "So...how come you never talk to people? You seem very nice...and I'm sure with your personality, making friends would be easy!" he let his eyes glaze over, as they always did when he was thinking, he -could- invite her to come eat with Hayden, Melinda and himself, but they didn't really know her, so maybe another time would be good. "You should come have lunch with me sometime...I'll be your friend?"

He nodded again. "Yes, why would I say so if I meant otherwise?" he gave her a mischievous little smile, which might make someone wonder if he really was serious. He followed her gaze, that went to his shoes, and then he cringed and jumped at her near shriek. "O-oh? Uh, thanks!" he said, with almost force enthusiasm, the smile he gave was not forced, Soren loved compliments, especially on his looks. He then looked down at her shoes, and smiled. "Yours are nice too. Where'd you get them? I got mine at um..." he wracked his mind for the name of the store, he was really good at remembering anything, except names of stores. "Uh..oh, right, Hot Topic."

He stared at her necklace even a bit longer after she spoke. His cheerfulness and enthusiasm quickly faded, and his tone became quite dull. Almost that of someone who had absolutely no spirit. "It's nice...that's all." he tore his gaze off the necklace which he was quickly coming to hate and looked into her eyes, with no expression at all.
Soren Daein
Soren Daein

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Sunset Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:44 am

Dani paused at his words, he was right what was she doing being nice, why was she talking to him. "So...how come you never talk to people? You seem very nice...and I'm sure with your personality, making friends would be easy!" She pushed the comment away, not really in the mood to talk about the past.

"Um...Lunch? Don't you usually eat with Melly and Hayden?" She asked her tone dropping to it's slightly more than a whisper. Dani didn't want to admit it but those girls scared her, they held themselves with such confidence, and we're very pretty. However his next comment shocked her, we could be friends She almost started to cry but bit her tounge and fought back the tears.

"Oh my shoes..." She looked down at her own converse, she didn't want to say she'd stolen the black and red shoes, so she shrugged and said, "I can't remember" She looked back into his eyes that had lost their sparkle and let her hand drop from her necklace, thinking about the day she found it, the day she had run away. The memories raced back to her and burned her mind with their sorrow and hatefulness.

She mentally shook her head and said, "Is something wrong?"
Dani Sunset
Dani Sunset

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Soren Daein Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:34 am

She didn't respond, so he didn't press the topic. If she wanted to be silent like that, it was fine with him. Also, if she didn't want to be friendly, he'd leave her alone. He always made an admit to be friends with people, but if they didn't want to, or rejected, ignored and responded in an unfriendly way, he shrug and go on his way. Soren, although it seemed otherwise, hated most people. He wasn't sure himself why he made an attempt to be friends with them. He supposed, you could find -some- people that were nice, or smart...and it also made you feel less alone. Hmph, being alone, that was something he feared it also explained his Boggart; to lose your memory. If you didn't have memory, you wouldn't know anyone, then inevitably you would be alone, even if you were surrounded by people you wouldn't recognize their faces, and even if they were nice. It would all be fake, to you, at least.

He shook his head and then spoke quietly, "No, I'll be eating with them for the first time today." his tone was slightly odd. He supposed that he hung out with them, but he didn't eat with them. He didn't let it bother his mind, he spent a lot of time with them, so it could've been a guess. She, yet again, went silent at his friend request. She looked as if she was about to cry...his expression immediately dropped, it became an unfriendly, expressionless face, besides the smallest look of rejection.

He nodded, and didn't really listen. Their conversation had lost it's cheeriness. There was really no point in continuing it. He thought she had made it clear that she didn't like him. He gave her the smallest glare and then erased it, and placed the smallest, fake smile. "No, nothings wrong, I'll...go sit down, I didn't want to bother you, and now I wonder..." he cut himself off, making the rest of his sentence in his mind 'maybe it was a mistake to start talking with you.' he began to walk away, slowly, looking very depressed now. The way he was walking looked as though he was lost. The kid was bipolar, and something that had happened that made his mood go from happy-go-lucky to non-conforming emo.

He made his way out of the library bookshelves and towards one of the desks closer to the exit of the library. He placed the book he had taken out down on the table and took out a piece of paper as well. Being moody made him write well and quickly. What had even been said that made him become like this? He wondered himself, he'd just lost someone to possibly be a friend with, probably. Maybe it was the necklace, it disturbed him. He cupped his cheeks in his hands and stared off absent mindedly, barely thinking about the assignment. He had plenty of time to do it, so instead he tried to think about sad things.
Soren Daein
Soren Daein

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Ridgewood Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:18 am

The library doors opened with a creak, a monument to their heavy use, and Seth the Blastfur took his entry, quickly scanning the spacious room. Being so close to the start of the year, the library was quite full of students of all houses, their uniforms blending together in a sea of colors. With his own uniform being dark shades of indigo and black, he was able to become an undetectable part of the crowd with relative ease.

Glancing to the crowded bookshelves, he soon decided that he did not need any books, and if he did, it was not worth it. Instead, he looked then to the nearly-full tables, sighing with dismay. Groups were never his strong suit, but he was eager to get his charms assignment out of the way - While it was mostly just revision on the various charms that the students had already learned, Seth's mind was a bit rusty to it all. Rusty enough to deserve a trip to the library.

His eyes paused on one table, one that only had one person sitting at it. He quickly recognized that it was Soren, though a Soren that he was not used to seeing. Rather than eagerly working on some parchment or practicing a spell with exuberant flicks of his wand, Soren was sulking there, face cupped in his hands and an absentminded look on his face. Though generally energetic and surrounded by friends, his small form was bent over the table by himself. Though not all that close to the Wyrfeather himself, Seth could tell that there was something wrong.

While he could tell this, he didn't really care one way or another. All that Seth knew was that Soren looked to be the most likely candidate as a quiet person to sit beside.

Walking over quietly, he slowly pulled the unoccupied chair beside Soren's out and slid into it, hefting his bag onto the table. He paused, looking to Soren's face and studying him for a moment, unable to rid himself of the perplexion caused by this sudden change of character in his classmate. Eventually he looked away and carried on, pulling out an inkwell, an old quill and some wads of parchment.

Last edited by on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Seth Ridgewood
Seth Ridgewood

Female
Number of posts : 27
House : Blastfur
Registration date : 2007-11-14

http://iveroth.eamped.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soren Daein Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:43 am

A very dark cloud-esque Wryfeather boy did not look up and jump to go greet the anti-social Blastfur who had just entered the Library, instead, he decided to start tapping his quill on the paper that had about a paragraph instead of the five pages it was supposed to. He stopped tapping the quill after a moment and crossed his arms on the table and slumped his face into the arms, being careful not to smudge his eyeliner, or his very hot pink liquid eyeshadow. He twitched his feet irritably, glancing back at where he had left Dani, then quickly returning to his previous state.

Soren didn't comment as Seth came to sit right beside him, nor did he say hello. He glanced over when Seth was looking at him, and gave him a frown, looking back down at his paper. He put away the creative writing sheet, not feeling very creative at the moment and took out instead a History of Magic paper that he was half way through. Doing reports for him was quite easy, he had a fantastic memory and remembered everything the teacher said, so he barely even needed to look in the books. He did take them out and started flipping through them occasionally. After about five minutes of doing the report, he started to ease back into a slightly better mood.

The black haired boy, whom had red tips on the ends of his naturally black hair glanced over at Seth, he muttered out a hello to him, smiling -very- faintly now. Simply looking at Seth seemed to make him feel better. He wanted to glance back at Dani, but thinking of the girl made him think of the conversation they had had, which made him think about the leather necklace, which made him frown sourly. He quickly shooed her out of his mind and looked back over at Seth, the distant smile returning. "What's that?" He tapped the paper that the Blastfur boy had taken out.
Soren Daein
Soren Daein

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Ridgewood Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:58 am

Doing all in his power to suppress the urge to pull the paper away as the Wyrfeather boy touched it, he cleared his throat and replied, "Charms work. It's just a bit of revision, but I need to get it out of the way.", avoiding looking directly at his classmate beside him. Seth surprised even himself by the length of the sentence he managed to someone he didn't know all that well.

Taking quill in hand, he lightly dipped the tip into his receding inkwell, only to curse softly upon realizing that he would have to go to the trouble of digging out his charms book - One that's sheer size would be enough to frighten the socks off of most first years.

He left to writing feather to soak in the ink as he reached for his schoolbag, retrieving the large text with a grunt of effort. He let it fall open onto the table, as if in some slight hope of it opening to the page he needed. Though reluctant to admit it, he'd been daydreaming during charms and had next to no clue of where to look if he couldn't remember the revision questions from years past.

A quiet growl made its way from Seth's lips as his eyes finished having their way with the first question, mind still wrestling with the question:

1.) What does the "Avis" charm do?

He took the quill from its resting place and dangled it above the paper, hoping slightly that the answer would make itself known to his fingers. With a heavy sigh, he realized it would be a long assignment. He cast a jealous glance to Soren's half-finished paper beside his own and looked back to the nearly-empty parchment before him, sighing lightly.
Seth Ridgewood
Seth Ridgewood

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Soren Daein Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:11 am

Soren -knew- Seth was anti-social, but he was already in a bad mood, and Dani's attitude had started it, this was only feeding the fire. "I see..." he said coldly, turning away from him sourly and getting right back to his homework. He was muttering something that sounded agitated, and then suddenly, he stopped.

He began to watch Seth and everything that he was doing, soaking the quill, getting the Charms book out of his bag. Soren jumped at the thud the book at made on the table, which nearly knocked his ink container over. He quickly caught it and put it up properly again with a bit of a snicker. He quickly jotted down a few more things on the parchment and then put it off to the side.

He put the History of Magic book into his school bag, which was a Ayashi No Ceres bag, looking like that which you might buy at a concert. He placed the paper he had been working on, along with his quill and his ink in the bag as well. His eyes drifted back over to Seth, and his measly parchment. He debated mentally offering to help, and then decided on it.

"Do...you want help? I don't mean to say you're not capable of doing it, but...you've been staring at the question and not come up with much for quite awhile." he cringed after he spoke, waiting for a cold reply. He hated when people responded to his quite kind offers with cold rejection. It made him feel awful, and become cold himself.

He started at the question, and smiled politely. "We worked on those today...it was just today, don't you remember?" he said sweetly, the type of sweetness that may be taken sickly from others, and cutely from some. It had been an attempt to be nice, but Seth would -probably- take it as a disgusting sound.
Soren Daein
Soren Daein

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Ridgewood Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:25 am

The cold tone of Soren's voice and the success of his paper only caused Seth's frown to deepen some more as he continued his staring contest with his unwilling assignment. With dim realization he glanced up as Soren nearly threw himself across the table to avoid having his inkwell upset, and couldn't help it as a small chuckle made it's way out of his throat.

"Sorry about that." He said softly.

As his classmate brought his bag onto the table, Seth's face lightened with some interest. He pointed at the characters depicted on Soren's bag. "Is that from Ayashi No Ceres? It's been so long since I read it, but it looks a lot like it."

The bit of happiness induced by the knowledge that the two shared some sort of interest however was not enough to completely tear him from the duty of completing his assignment, one that loomed over his head like an angry dementor.

"Do...you want help? I don't mean to say you're not capable of doing it, but...you've been staring at the question and not come up with much for quite awhile." ventured Soren. Seth looked to him and was quickly confused by the defensive, almost scared pose that the black-haired boy had taken on. By their previous conversation and the offer just made, it made no sense to him, so he ignored it.

"We worked on those today...it was just today, don't you remember?" he continued, an intent, teacher-like stare fixed on the stubborn question. On his face was a kind smile, but Seth could not help being reminded of his mother by the tone of voice. Something was different about it though; It seemed far more genuine, like it wasn't being pulled from the bottom of some deep dark pit.

"Sure... You know this stuff?" He spoke apprehensively and pulled his paper closer to Soren to offer a better look.
Seth Ridgewood
Seth Ridgewood

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Soren Daein Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:58 pm

Soren -nearly- grumbled at Seth's chuckle, but instead he turned to his face to him and smiled, shaking his hand nonchalantly. "Nahh, no need to apologize." His reply had his voice completely back to cheerful and Soren didn't let the thought of the collar cross his mind again. Seth cheered Soren up for some reason. He was...quiet, smart, pretty and...if Soren did say so himself, attractive. The smaller black haired boy -knew- he liked guys and girls, and wasn't the slightest bit afraid to tell anyone, he'd probably end up telling Seth later today.

Seth gestured with a point of the finger at the images on his bag. He grinned widely and the nodded. "You know Ayashi No Ceres? And here I thought I was the only manga fan at this school." he shook his head in a sarcastic disbelief and then pointed back at the bag. "Yep, that's Aya and Aki...although, I wish I could've gotten one with Touya on it, he's cooler than Aya." he pouted in a mock fashion and then set the bag aside, turning back to face him, sitting sideways in his chair looking like an eager little grade schooler, fists clenched in some unnamed anticipation. How Soren admired him! Someone else at this school, who liked manga? Soren began to wonder if he liked video games, too...and maybe Dungeons and Dragons! He'd certainly have to ask, later.

He stopping cringing, and then gave Seth a cheesy smile. "Eheheh...sorry, just...y'know you're kinda well...don't-really-talk-to people? No one knows if you're going to lash out or not...cause you're always so quiet." he replaced the cheesy grin with more of a relaxed smile. "I...prefer silence, though." he spoke quietly and without much expression, besides the dazed happiness that was on his face.

The multi-coloured hair boy had accepted his offer for help. How relieving that was for Soren! He certainly didn't want to get hit for a misunderstanding. "Uh huh...I'm in a different class than you, so we were given a slightly different paper, but I know what the spell-or, charm, rather- is." he paused a moment. "It conjures a flock of birds from the casters wand, apparently, the bird species changes depending on the Casters current mood at the time being...when used with Oppugno it can be made offensive." without warning, he stood up and grabbed Seth's hand, starting to pull him along. "I'll show you!"
Soren Daein
Soren Daein

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Ridgewood Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:55 am

The more Soren spoke, the cheerier he seemed to become. Even while responding to his comments with mere silence, even Seth could tell that whatever he was doing was ameliorating the mood of his classmate.

"Yep, that's Aya and Aki...although, I wish I could've gotten one with Touya on it, he's cooler than Aya." Soren eagerly turned in his chair and now faced him, appearing somewhat like a young puppy, something that the Blastfur couldn't help feeling somewhat awkward about. Their current proximity to one another was something the usually-isolated Seth was not used to. Still facing the table himself, he leaned an elbow on it and leaned his cheek on his hand to be able to see his companion, and gave a small smile as Soren shared his character preferences from Ayashi No Ceres.

He stopping cringing, and then gave Seth a cheesy smile. "Eheheh...sorry, just...y'know you're kinda well...don't-really-talk-to people? No one knows if you're going to lash out or not...cause you're always so quiet." he replaced the cheesy grin with more of a relaxed smile. "I...prefer silence, though."
Seth blinked, "Lash out? You offered me help. I wouldn't lash out at that." the Blastfur was terrible with understanding what others felt based on the looks on their faces, but Soren looked as though he was in the middle of dreaming of cakes.

Soren carried on, answering Seth's question with an answer far better than he could have ever pulled up. Once the information had come out, Seth tuned his speech out, opting instead to reach for his feather and word the information in his head. While he had just been about to grasp his quill, soak it in ink once more and replicate Soren’s lesson by words on parchment, he felt the smaller boy’s hand clasp around his own without warning, and before he knew it, he was being lifted from his seat.

“I’ll show you!” Soren cried excitedly, and began dragging Seth’s form from the comfort of his seat.

“Uh – I –” stuttered Seth, unable to respond well to the so-familiar touch and attention he was receiving. After being dragged a few steps, he attempted to slow the eager Soren down enough that he could speak. Once they’d slowed to a stop, he simply stared at the Wyrfeather boy in disbelieve, not sure which response to take.

After a moment of thought, after staring at Soren’s eyes, so bright and excited, he was unable to chose any other than, “Just hold on… I don’t want to leave all my things behind.”
Seth Ridgewood
Seth Ridgewood

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Soren Daein Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:17 am

“Uh – I –” Seth stuttered, and then he attempted to get Soren to stop. He did, after rolling his eyes, he turned and faced Seth, still holding his hand "You...need to get your things? Well..." he glanced at the table they had been sitting and then to where he had ditched Dani from and nodded, letting go of his hand. "I'd forgotten, we'll need our wands, too..." he almost skipped to where they had been sitting, but instead he just trotted, scooping his things and Seth's things up and going back to side beside him.

"We'll just go to the grounds and come back. Do you have any other homework? I don't want to take up -too- much of your time...oh, and, if you do have other homework..." he paused and glanced around and then lowered his voice, seeing they were in a room crowded with people. "I could always do it for you, I really don't mind...and just this once, I'll do it for free." he grinned and Seth and then shrugged, turning on his heel and started on his way out, voice at a normal volume now. "If you don't want to take up the offer, though, I could just help you; if you need help." he looked back with a dreamy smile at Seth and then faced front again, opening up the library doors, they gave a creak and he stepped of the Library and onto the first floor halls.

"Oh! Right, your things..." he walked back over to Seth and handed them to him. He shook his hand again at Seth. "We probably didn't need to even bring our stuff, I doubt anyone would've taken them." he narrowed his eyes and drifted off into thoughts for a mere moment, before returning back to reality and looking straight at Seth, with huge eyes. "Do you like video games? Or maybe DnD? I'd -love- to play with you sometime." he blinked once and then smiled sweetly. "You know how to roleplay? Right?"
Soren Daein
Soren Daein

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Sunset Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:05 am

Dani fell back against the wall after Soren left, she didn't want to break down and cry but she couldn't help but let the tears slid down her checks. He'd been so nice to her, and she'd been such a...such a...mean person. She lowered herself onto the floor and sat there for a while before grabbing her poetry book and opening it to one of the first few pages, she read over her work quickly before flipping to the dog-eared page.

Crying softly she worked furently making ink splash across the page. She wasn't trying to Rhyme, which was a nice change. The words were just coming to her all at once. Frowning, she read over the fresh ink and smiled, the poem wasn't bad and even had a nice flow. She pocketed her book and stood up, rubbing her eyes she pulled out her make-up bag and dug through the junk till she found her mirror. Pulling it out she looked at her reflextion, her make-up was smeared and looked terrible, but she shrugged.

Putting on a fake smile, she prepared herself for what she was about to do next. Taking a deep breath she walked out from behind the shelves and started slowly to where Soren was sitting. Suddenly she stopped, she'd seen the face that was next to soren's before, his name was Seth Ridgewood and kinda Anti-social. Alot of kids in their first year had made jokes that she and Seth were going out, cuz they never talked to anyone. A real smile crossed her lips and rubbing her eyes once more she walked over to their table.

"Hi Soren, sorry about back there...hi...Seth." Dani said. She spke Seth's name softly like you would say to a forgotten friend though they had never talked before.
Dani Sunset
Dani Sunset

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Ridgewood Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:00 pm

Seth watched little Soren in both amazement and disbelief as he waddled from his side to the table, filled his arms with the heavy book bags and quickly returned to his side, beaming as though he'd just won a Nobel peace prize and then some. The entire time he'd been talking, and Seth, with his lack of interaction with most, found it difficult to process all of Soren's banter. It was strange though; while banter would usually internally drive him up the wall, he seemed to be in a state of calmness which couldn't be bothered. This state with plainly obvious on his face, which carried a blank, contented look.

From Soren's next spiel, Seth gathered that he was being offered a homework-doing service. He crinkled his nose just in the slightest at the thought, "No, I wouldn't want that. It would be like paying you to clean up a mess I made." He paused for a moment, calmly looking Soren in the face with a mask as empty and void as a pit. Looking down at the Wyrfeather, he was greeted by the new, but constant ethereal smile that made it's home on Soren's lips. Mouth tugged up at the corners, shoulders slumped back with ease, and eyelids half-closed with contentedness, a man who'd just won the lottery could not have replicated a better state of happiness. What caused this sudden bout of ecstasy was beyond the Blastfur, however.

"Just give me a bit of a hand. I just need a refreshing." He said with a small nod.

Seth followed Soren out into the halls, only to be met by his bag being dropped unceremoniously into his hands. Admittedly, he hadn't been paying all that close attention, so perhaps the fault was his own. He shrugged to himself and shouldered the bag, standing still beside his classmate. He wasn't used to being so much taller than those around him, but Soren was another story. It was hard to believe that so much pep and character lay hidden in the boy's small form; Seth felt it was better not to comment on it, however. For some reason, it brought the faintest smile to his lips.

"Do you like video games? Or maybe DnD? I'd -love- to play with you sometime." blinked Soren as he smiled sweetly. "You know how to roleplay? Right?"

Seth looked down at the small voice; "Sometimes." he replied bluntly. He wasn't too keen on the idea of commitment to games with his classmate, but didn't like the idea of completely saying no, either. Which was strange, as the latter usually came so naturally to him. His one word response was all he was willing to give, however.

"Hi Soren, sorry about back there...hi...Seth." He slowly turned his gaze from Soren to the female voice, blinking once. He recognized her, they even had some classes together, but he had trouble pulling her name from the depths of his memory. She seemed to know his, so he really should have been able to name hers, but was beyond it. Instead, he simply gave her a small nod in greeting, not concerning himself with what the beginning of her statement meant.
Seth Ridgewood
Seth Ridgewood

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Sunset Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:22 pm

Dani smiled slightly at his aknowledgement, and shuffled her feet slightly. Looking down at her worn black and red converse and her dark jacket she knew she pulled off a very un-kept look and her smugged make-up make her look more like a homeless person than a teenage girl. Glancing quickly up, she hid the blush that was slowly rising to her cheeks.

Slowly she let out a breath that she didn't know she'd been holding, the room seemed to be spinning and Seth's colored hair pulled off a kyolidascope affect, shifting colors. She blinked and regained herself.

She tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and waited.

"Um...I'm Dani," She said after a short pause, she held out her hand to Seth. "W-we have a couple classes together." She stammered. Bitting her toungue, she mentally kicked herself. Why was she acting like such a dork, stammering and blushing. She kept her gaze on the wall behind Seth's head knowing that color was once more rising to her cheeks, for goodness sakes the boy was going to think she was an idiot!
Dani Sunset
Dani Sunset

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Soren Daein Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:17 am

Soren continued to look blissful, for no real apparent reason to anyone who was around them or to Seth-probably. The Wyrfeather couldn't exactly put his finger on why he was so happy, either. He found...simply looking at Seth and talking with him did that. Why? He didn't know and he refused to admit to love at this point, that was ridiculous. He barely knew the Blastfur and he would decide that it was just an amazingly good friend feeling. He wasn't selfless, Soren, that is. He didn't really care that much if Seth didn't feel that same back to him. He didn't at least hope that he had a thread of friendship for him, though.

"Just...help? Well...okay." he paused and frowned at Seth, then shrugged. "I don't get rejected very often, how impressive of you." he smiled again with an ethereal look.

Seth was easy to look up at, he wasn't insanely taller than Soren, unlike the other boys, maybe just a good five inches. He didn't have to crane his neck excessively, nor did he feel intimidated. Looking at people much taller then him made him feel small, which made him feel weak(Which...he was), and therefore, intimidated. However, Seth didn't didn't scare him. That in mind...looking at him gave him some sort of sense of security...which was probably false. Soren nearly gasped at the faintest smile that crossed Seth's lips, but he suppressed it. He'd rather see Seth smiling, and gasping at him would probably make it go away. Soren didn't want that.

He looked the slightest bit taken back at Seth's response, he didn't show it for long though, instead he gave a small smile and nodded. "Alright." he didn't say anything more on that matter and let the topic fall. He wasn't going to push Seth into playing games with him. That would probably be uncomfortable for the anti-social Blastfur. Making Seth uncomfortable was the last Soren wanted to do. He decided mentally that he should probably calm down a bit.

Soren seemed to suddenly just...drop out of his blissfulness at Dani's voice. He turned to face her with absolutely no expression. That only lasted a second, in place of the no-expression came a very wide smile and he shook his head. "No! Don't worry about it, really...I should be the one apologizing! I...just kind of walked off, you have no reason to apologize." he grinned at her and then beckoned her closer. "Want to come with us? I'm showing Seth one of the spells that we learned in Charms today. The Professors never actually showed us, but it's a pretty spell, and I know it..."
Soren Daein
Soren Daein

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down